1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out? i don't think so..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Renge, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Renge

i just want to share my story because i don't have anyone else to talk about it in real life, and doesn't mean to offend u guys..
    Well, me and my classmates were gathering talking about everything and then it came into topic about gay people.. so I asked them what were they thinking about it and they said :

My classleader : if I ever meet them I would insult and curse them!
    My bestfriend (which is my crush) : eww, i would say "are u crazy??" and i would probably stay away from them!
    another friend : some psychological disease i guess

it was succesfully tore my heart, i even held my tears and looked away from them. and guess what? my classleader then said that he loved this class and considered us as his second family and I was like "if only u know about me, i wonder how u would react to it, to someone u consider as family. bullshit!"

I'm not crazy and I just don't understand why some people are so mean and insensitive.. what's wrong with being gay?

2. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Its the way they are raised I guess that would cause someone to be so insensitive also the fact that they mite have alot of self hate as well. Im sorry that happened to you thats gotta be really hard i can imagine that cuz its never happened to me. There is nothing wrong with being gay at all. Some people dont see that though because they arent open minded or its just they way they are

3. SkyDiver

Absolutely nothing.

I'm sorry that your "friends" were saying things like that. (*hug*) I'm guessing that they don't currently know any gay people. People say the rudest things when they're talking about others who they have no experience with.

Let me assure you, though, that your friends might think differently if you were to come out to them. I've changed the minds of quite a few friends from doing so. One of my guy friends used to talk about gay people as being "trash" but after I came out to him, I can now talk to him about which guys I think are attractive.

If your friends don't accept you, then they were never your friends to begin with, and you definitely deserve to find people who accept you.

Don't let them discourage. Start slow and small. Find someone who is accepting, and when you're ready, just do it. :slight_smile: It will give you the courage to come out to more and more people.

When I first started coming out I was terrified of even coming out to those who I knew would embrace me. It's just something that requires determiation, commitment and practice.

Good luck. (*hug*)

4. sissyfem

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i have to say, and fuck if I don't sound old, but when you're in high school you should concentrate on preparing to graduate and your plans for work/school afterwards. You shouldn't need to worry about sex yet. Gay or straight. Sometimes it's obvious and that's fine. But if this is something that can wait until you graduate then wait. No offense but most people have more important things to do than deal with 14 yo kids that have come out to their classes.