1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What else came out of the closet when you did?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jacek, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Jacek

So like the title says.... Basically what I mean is when you came out did you act any differently, and how?

For me I could stop hiding so I was open about my interests that would have made people suspicious (fashion by dressing much much nicer and classier, taste in music like glee stuff and robyn, etc). So did you guys start to act differently at all? :icon_bigg

2. SparkDT

My real interests in music and movies and stuff probably came out a bit. :wink:

3. Colours

The only thing I can think of is that I've started to be more open about my interest in singing since I've started to come out. But the two aren't directly related as I've also shown my interest in singing to people I'm not yet out to.

4. Deaf Not Blind

I needed to get far away from girly clothes!
    Sure dresses are nice, but not on me.
    So, after being out for awhile to many people I found out I flirt. I almost can't help myself, but sometimes when i get a girl blushing and giggling i think what the hey, why not? and i just go a little further teasing em! its fun, harmless, makes them feel liked...and my ego goes up.
    i never hid well the boyish things about me, sometimes just needed to spill out a little. So it just is there now all the time.
    I think I am kinda good looking, maybe a littler handsome, as before coming out I rarely saw the beauty others said I had. My face looked wrong with a dress, and looks great in mens sporty clothing...mom noticed it 1st when I was 10.
    I also take a little more risks...I stood up to a big black dude who could have clobbered me, but i just signed back to him I'm not scared of you. i think my body language was convincing as he didn't do anything more. I'm not that big, but i felt i needed to defend the rights of another guy who that guy dissed.
    and i feel more protective of women, if somebody wants to harm them, or they need help back to dorm cuz shoes hurt them, i feel a need to help them.

so i think my biggest changes were the real me is horney, a bit more self confident, and wants to defend and protect the weaker or threatened. i had no idea that would occur. its pretty weird to discover the real me...im not exactly the same person!

---------- Post added 9th Dec 2012 at 03:49 PM ----------

i don't care if i am nearly straight and male inside...i still like music from some musicals: sound of music, oliver, chitty chitty band bang. i think guys are just scared to be labeled gay who do like stuff like that, so likely a lot of straight men are closeted artists.

5. SheWhoHasNoName

My slightly deeper voice.
    My love of dancing, singing, & musicals.
    My love of FPS video games.
    My confidence & willingness to stand up for myself/other people.
    The feeling that it's ok if I just be myself.

6. jaysuss

I definitely started to talk about guys more when I was around girls and I was able to act as who i was completely which includes me taking pictures in suggestive ways..hehe

7. Rarar

I've been much more open about my interests. I'm no longer embarrassed about talking about my favourite bands, movies, books etc. Also, I've been talking (and tweeting) a LOT more about guys.

8. GayforGuys

The only thing that changed was being able to talk about guys around my friends openly :grin:

9. leer

after I had to tell mum and dad I was gay @16 I suppose I maned up more i had to face my friends at school worst moment of my life .

10. KnightAssassin

my self hatred and emotions came apparent after i came out and i ended up hospitalized and got some help. i started masking more and became also manic in some situations because acting different around different people. ( this was all years ago)

11. Josclare

Josclare Guest

As someones whose only half out i definatly notice , when i am away at university i am not playing somebody i wear want i what without worrying someones saying i look gay and i pretty much say what i want. Wheres because i am quiet good at acting when I am with my family i put on a girly ish front and prepared to care about things which i really dont as so appear not to gay. I know my tomboy ish still stands out when i am home like i am not going to start collecting shoes and handbags and wearing pink cause everyones knows that was never me , but niether am i going to go to family weddings looking buch or refuse to wear a dress.

12. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

I started to talk about cute guys to some of my friends that are girls

13. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Finally acknowledged that I needed to get help in dealing with long-standing issues with social anxiety and understanding my emotions. And on a lighter note, that I wanted to start dressing better and feel more confident in my appearance.

14. Lad123

I've only come out to several people but it has definately changed some of the things I do like putting more effort in the way I dress and styling my hair. I don't care what people think anymore, if people walk past me and think I'm gay then so be it! It's also nice to talk about guys with the people I have come out to.

15. vyvance

Colors other than black or grey for my shirts.

16. Level75

Sadly, it seems the only thing that came out of the closet with me was skeletons. Lots and lots of skeletons.

17. Niko

Clothing..definitely a big one. Say good bye to girly clothes~
    Still working on trying to pass off as male though, but I will get there one day!

18. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always been eclectic, so little changed by way of my personal presentation or dressing habits.

Mentally though I don't know if I changed much or not, but I did become slightly more comfortable with myself. Overcoming the hurdle of coming out definitely boosted my abysmally low self-esteem at the time.

Mostly it just meant I could tell gay jokes without blushing and stuttering though.

19. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

My clothing style changed majorly! Good bye dresses and skirts!! :grin:

20. kem

kem

My clothing style developed and I became more confident in my own sense of fashion. Also I feel like I became a lot more open about myself.