1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Longest you've gone without sleep?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayforGuys, Dec 9, 2012.

1. GayforGuys

Random. I know.
    But it's 5.50 where I stay and I'm wide awake so all hope for sleeping tonight is gone :tears:
    So, how long have you evaded sleep for and more importantly why?

>>>>>> :sleep: I wish :frowning2:

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Three days. Something like 40 hours was the running total if I recall. I was working nights and had taken a second job in the afternoon, and on top of that had family crap to do in the mornings. It was rough. But I'm sure come college-going EC'ers will put my record to shame. xD

3. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    46 hours. I was gonna try and stay up 48 hours with a friend of mine when we were on a holiday in Spain as our after-graduation trip, but then he got sick (as did almost everyone, including all of my friends except me; it was the year the swine flu broke out), so I was left on my own. I did meet some people who I spent that night with, but I was so tired and had no motivation left whatsoever, that I decided to just go to sleep. I bet I'd have made it, though, if my friend hadn't gotten ill.

4. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

5. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't remember exact hours, but two days/nights when I was in college...cramming for finals. Didn't work. Lol!

6. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Probably something like 28 hours. Nothing insane. I went with my sister and her fiance a few years ago to one of his football games. I was in class the whole day, and then went to my sister's apartment an hour away. We left immediately to head to the field, which was like a five hour drive. Got there, watched the game...five hour drive back and I didn't sleep the whole way, plus we got lost on the way home. And then I had to drive home from my sister's house because I wasn't staying the night there for some reason that totally escapes me now. And, yes, it was super dangerous to be driving like that. I actually was so tired that I ran a red light at like 5:00/6:00 in the morning. Totally didn't even see it until I was already halfway down the road past it. Thank god nothing happened...

7. GayforGuys

Do elaborate......not sure if trolling :dry:

8. Gallatin

Around 36 hours, give or take a few.

9. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

10 day binge on a prescription drug called lisdexamphetamine, a prodrug to dextroamphetamine, that I took back in high school. I was prescribed it after I reacted badly to Adderall. It was supposed to only last for 12 hours but it lasted far longer and in the first 10 days I couldn't sleep at all. Finally I realized that I was in the midst of a psychotic break on the 10th day (amphetamine psychosis) when clocks started displaying the wrong times, voices were shouting malicious things at me, words on pages became slanted and bunched together, life felt unreal and dreamlike, objects decided to move out of their normal places until I blinked, and the government was out to get me because I found out about the ancient conspiracy plotted by Abrahamic religions to financially and psychologically enslave the world. I took some alprazolam, a benzodiazepine, slept for 15 hours, ate some food, then told my parents "Vyvanse sucks."

10. GayforGuys

Fucking hell man, that sounds rough to say the least. Can't imagine going through that at all. Out of curiosity - and I may sound a bit dim for asking this, but if lisdexamphetamine can cause this sort of reaction, why is it still prescribed anyway. Sound as if it is gonna do a lot more worse than good. Albeit I'm not sure everyone would react the same.

11. FJ Cruiser

Mine is somewhere around 40 hours. It's impossible for me to sleep on planes, so when the flight takes off in the evening from North America and lands in Europe mid-morning, that means no sleep for that night.

12. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

I only reacted as such because I was very underweight, but my doctor foolishly prescribed me a high dose anyway. That combined with the lack of sleep and eating - it was just a recipe for psychosis. The reason, however, vyvanse is so commonly prescribed is because it's mild compared to other amphetamines, being a prodrug, and because it's practically unabusable, being a prodrug. (unless of course you have basic chemistry knowledge)

13. DarkClarity

Around about 42 hours. It happened when I was twelve and I was just switching from watching TV to long gaming session.

I use to have lots of long gaming sessions then I was a kid that kept me up throughout the night but I've stopped that now especially since when I'd finish the session, whenever I'd close my eyes, I'd see images from the game I've been playing and the stuff in my room would look like stuff from the game and start to move as well. (I don't know if that makes sense or not)

14. Jonathan

Roughly 36 hours...I did not sleep all night and then proceeded to go on a Navy Pier Trip with my family afterwards (pics from that day are actually on here lol)

15. Amicus

Not sure on the exact hour count...probably somewhere around 60 hours. I pulled two all-nighters and then didn't finally go to sleep until my normal time after the second one. For some reason I am completely incapable of napping. Not a recommended experience, although it was fun looking at my garbled, nonsensical attempts at notes from class the next day.

16. SkyDiver

30 hours, give or take. It was fun while it lasted (2 all-nighters in a row with my friends) but the next day was hell.

17. Caudex

Caudex Guest

OK, seriously, that's not even funny.
    Maybe like 36 hours? I don't really remember exactly…

18. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Nearly or just around a day (24 hours). I experience extreme moodiness and I act like a drunk man so I sleep whenever possible.

19. Ozymandias

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The longest I went without was when I once just decided not to go to sleep for the night because I had come up with some idea that sleep was pointless.

That was not my smartest thought :eusa_doh:

20. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Same here. Went to Japan for the second time this summer.
    Plane left at 6.45 so we had to leave my hometown at like 2 in the morning, hadn't slept the day before it either, couldn't sleep in the plane and when we arrived in Japan it was early morning so I had another day to go without sleep.