1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What stereotype annoys you the most???!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Queen Bee, Dec 10, 2012.

1. The Queen Bee

So, yeah...
    I mean... Overall I don't really mind the stereotypes.
    I break some of them, others (like 70%) totally apply to me.

That said, the one stereotype that gets on my nerves is that lesbians hate men. (-_-")
    WHY???!!! Why do people think we hate men?? (Yet somehow they say we want to look like men... despite the fact that we hate men. Why would I want to emulate someone/something I hate???!)
    I'm always stunned when someone implies that... Especially if it's a guy.
    Sort like if they were expecting me to go all "angry lesbian" on them. Since I don't, because I'm very laid-back, they're like "it's just that you're the exception"... *raises right eyebrow* Huh???
    When have I said/implied the world would be better without men??? Where do Straight people get his idea???

Granted that some of the male species are assholes, as in any other "species", but overall most of them they're very sweet and lovable. I can't complain.
    I studied in an all girls Catholic school, so I have more female friends than male friends. That said I overall get along better with men.
    We have more tastes in common... Like I'm very outdoorsey (Granola Dyke here!!), so hiking, camping, sports in general (both extreme, contact sports and one-girl sports... Nope, no team sports for yours truly) I'll be doing those with my male cousins or male friends.

And, given that ALL lesbians hate men... by extension we hate our fathers. (-_-")
    Erm... NO, I don't. Not only that... I adooore the guy. He's such a role model to me.
    I respect, love and admire him... And, NO. That doesn't mean that I want to be physically like him (a.k.a. I wanna be a man)... which it's another stereotype that I'm not quite happy about. Just because I have long hair that doesn't mean I'm a Pillow Queen (which, by the way, this is none's business)...
    Geezus... I'm tomboy-ish. I might not be a butch, but I'm not a femme either.

DON'T PUT ME IN YOUR HETERONORMAL/HETEROSEXIST LITTLE BOX!!!!!

I just want to know you guys' opinions...

2. For gay/bi men in general, I hate the stereotype that we're going to go after every guy we see.

For Bisexuals, I hate stereotype that we're all cheaters and enjoy threesomes.

3. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

I hate the stereotype that all gay men are feminine and dont enjoy doing guy things

4. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

The stereotype that all gay guys walk with a limp wrist, talk with a lisp and wear feminine clothes. I mean I can't think of a single sterotype that fits me. I'm as much as slob as the next guy... :thumbsup:

5. ameliawesome

someone once told me i'm "too pretty to be that way." i think the stereotype that all lesbians must be "butch" actually leads to the ignorant argument that if a lesbian wants a manly woman why wouldn't she just date a man, and THAT reeeeaaaaally pisses me off. even a "manly woman" is still a woman, and that is what makes a lesbian *a lesbian*.

and i don't know if this counts as a stereotype or just a misunderstanding/myth, but it burns my britches to hear somebody say that lesbian sex doesn't count as real sex. maybe that isn't related to a stereotype, maybe it is and i just can't put the association together properly. but yeah.

6. Gerit

That gay men are just accessories for straight women.

7. Mogget

The only thing I hate is the belief within the LGBT community that people who do fit the stereotypes are hurting the community. Oh, and the people who categorically refuse to date people who fit the stereotypes.

8. FemCasanova

I hate it when people confirm that I fit the stereotype of male-hating lesbian. Yeah, I have issues with men. It has NOTHING to do with my sexuality. I didn`t become a lesbian because I hate men, I dislike some men because my father was an a**-hole, and they remind me of him. That said, I don`t hate all men. A lot of men are quite nice! Do I have a natural distrust for men I don`t personally know? Yeah, I do. Can I sometimes throw out remarks about men, yeah, I can. But that has nothing to do with me liking boobs! I mostly dealth with my daddy-issues years ago. However, I do have a step-dad as well, who I don`t like. Mainly because he is insensitive, an air-head, who has made a lot of mistakes, and who couldn`t really accept the limits I set when I lived at home. So, guys who remind me of him, also irritate me. But why string those two together, it`s so silly.

And I agree with what an earlier poster meantion, a masculine woman still is a woman, she`s still got a vagina and boobs. Maybe she`s got small boobs, or hides them under a big shirt, but she`s still a woman. Short hair does not grow a penis, lol.

I also agree on the issue about some people within the community complaining that those who fit the stereotype hurts the community. I am in appearance not fitting the stereotype, but that`s just who I am. If I preferred to have my hair short and wear masculine clothes, I would have severly disliked it if someone complained that I couldn`t, because "it hurts our community." We are who we are, we shouldn`t have to change just because someone else dislikes it. Guys who talk with a lisp, who dress nicely and wave their hands around should be allowed to do so without getting crap from people, regardless of who those people are.That`s just my opinion. Live and let live!

9. jaysuss

I hate how guys immediately think that you think almost every guy including them is attractive. Like no, It doesn't work that way.

10. ClassicRock

Ever see The Town? That's my town. Charlestown.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Anyone who tries to fit into a stereotype because they KNOW it's a stereotype and likes labels kinda pisses me off

11. The Queen Bee

OH, GOODNESS... YEAH!!!!
    Adjvzsdfjbgal!!!!

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2012 at 11:36 PM ----------

How about the stupid idea of "OK... So, we have one lesbian here..." *pointint to the right* "...and one lesbian here." *pointint to the left* "Now both of you kiss".

*rolls eyes*
    Right. Because you can't have two Queer people together without them humping on each other...

And, yeah...
    Some female friends after I came out to them they gave me the "OMG!! Does this mean she likes me??" kind of look... Bitch, please. I might be gay, but I have standards.

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2012 at 11:45 PM ----------

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS.
    I think if you happen to fit the stereotype good for you... If you don't, then good for you too. Whatever makes you feel the most comfortable is totally fine.

I'm quite tomboy-ish, but I guess I can as just pass as a tomboy and not necessarily being taken for a lesbian.
    So, a couple of people have implied to me that I'm "the right amount of gay"... *raises eyebrow* Really???
    I have one gay friend and people are always "he's just too gay... I don't get why gay guys have to be so femenine and lesbians have to be so masculine... You on the other hand are fine".
    Hell... First of all, nobody is "too gay". And if they want to be "too femenine" or "too masculine", well, that's not your problem... They should be able to express however they want. I'm not the "right amount of gay", I'm just gay.

12. I'm not even bi, and that one gets on my nerves. I think it is a ridiculous assumption, and it is even more ridiculous that many LGBT people think that. They should know better.

13. grizzleybear33

Completely agree with stridenttube. The one I hate the most is how gay guys talk with their hands and that they are all petite and weak. I also hate (unrelated to stereotyoes) how some people think of gay guys as sick perverts, I even heard some old:***: from the south calling gays "horn dogs" whatever the :***:that means. I don't get how some people cane be so insensitive and ignorant toward us. Sorry for my french :slight_smile:

14. Kat kanu

The gamer girl one that all girls that play video game are fat ugly lesbian dykes, and we should get back in the kitchen
    my favorite answers are all the top chefs are men why dont you make me a sandwich and no im not fat or ugly but yes I am lesbian and I probably get more girls than you lol its all on the when I respond but it really pisses me off ya know

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    100% this. People are not required to be stereotype defiers. People who do this are still being defined by the stereotypes they claim to be fighting. They are just being define outside the boundaries rather than inside the boundaries. But the territory they occupy is still controlled. We need to start validating people who assert their authentic selves, whether they fit stereotypes or not.

The stereotype I hate about bisexuals is that we're cheaters who will dump you for the other sex. Furthermore, I want it noted that in my personal experience, the most frequent promulgators of that stereotype are gays and lesbians. Straight people I have dealt with, when asked, never expressed this belief.

16. Minamimoto_Fan

I always hate that people think I'm sexually active and ask me what it's like. I don't know myself, please stop asking...

I also have no idea how to cook gourmet cuisine, so it pisses me off when my friends will bring somebody to my house and I made something and they expected something 5 star.

17. madi

I hate that most people I talk to think that bisexuals are all sluts and the first question I get from a guy when I come out to him is generally "are you into threesomes?".
    I also hate that even friends of mine who support LGBT people for some reason have the idea that all lesbians are ugly?...What the heck?!

18. Level75

Guess I'll third that. You have those who conform to the stereotype to code themselves as gay as possible. But equally, if not more, worthy of pity are the ones that do everything in their power to make sure others know "I'm gay, but not THAT type of gay. I hate them too! I hate Glee and fashion and interior decorating and Lady Gaga! No homo."

It gets old really fast and has become something of a cliche itself. And flaunts just as much as the flamboyant gays they desire to distance themselves from. Too many people minding things that actually don't matter in the big picture.

#18 Level75, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  19. Emberstone

the stereotype that to be gay is a gender-norm reversal, with gay guys being womenly, and lesbians being masculine. What pisses me off most about people defining gay that way is that alot of the men who use that line to attack gay people are more effimnete than 'Lyle the effemeante heterosexual' on SNL in the late 80's/early 90's. the women who push that line tend to be homely, and aggressive, which are traits considered stereotypically masculine, even though I find that to be a silly way to order society.

20. Delta

I hate the stereotype that butch women can only be attracted to femmes. Period. That's about the worst one for me. Though the man hating one is also annoying.