1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Response to questions about rainbow bracelet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FishMan27, Dec 10, 2012.

1. FishMan27

I just ordered a rainbow bracelet yesterday, and I plan on wearing it to school. I'm somewhat prepared for how to respond if someone asks me about it, and I am ready to be open about being gay; but I was wondering if anyone had any clever/witty replies to potential questioning (I don't mean to make that sound overly dramatic btw). :slight_smile:

2. Ticklish Fish

well, what kind of potential questions do you think of? lol

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When somebody asks me about it, I usually just say "I wear it because I am gay".

Except one time my grandma asked me about it and I told her that I wore it to "support diversity"...lol. She then went on a 20 minute rant about the civil rights movement. She was totally clueless. She knows now though.

4. Katelynn

I wear my rainbow bracelet every single day when Im on campus at my college, it is usually very visible & no one ever asks me about it. Ive noticed several students wearing coloured bracelets for things, like pink bracelets for breast cancer or yellow barcelets for suicide, so I think its just a common thing at my college for people to wear them. Ill be honest & say I havent seen any other rainbow bracelets, but Im usually lot looking for them. As for being asked questions, I also wear a necklace with the double venus symbol on it bc I am lesbian as well & I havent really been asked questions. Ive found most people are so busy with their own thing they dont really comment if they notice, so while Im prepared to answer questions & Im open about being trans & gay, I dont really answer questions. You may find that you get a lot of questions at first, or you may find no one notices or cares, its hard to predict sometimes really. Just go with the flow :grin:

5. Ticklish Fish

but people in high school have so much time while in school...