1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaydar (gay radar) myth or fact?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ClassicRock, Dec 10, 2012.

1. ClassicRock

Ever see The Town? That's my town. Charlestown.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ever pass someone and just get a big whiff of GAY

Is it some gay connection? Or some urban legend. That some people are just more...... In tune?:rolle:

2. Delta

This is what first attracted me to my girlfriend. :lol: I was just minding my own business when I looked over and my gaydar said, "OOH! Jump on her!". So I jumped on her. Literally.

3. Brenny

I think gaydar is just being sensitive to your surroundings and being observant. If you know what to look for, I don't think it is anything crazy special. I think those that are better at it are either more observant to little details and/or they consciously or subconsciously are looking for signs that others are queer.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I don't know if it's anything like some crazy ability but I think like aforementioned if you know what to look for, you'll be able to discern most of the time. My mom has it really good and she usually can pick it out. When I first realized I was gay I had no idea, but at this stage in my life I know what to look for and I can usually guess if I study someone long enough.

5. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I think gaydar is picking up subtle hints like her possibly gay hairstyle, clothing style, attitude, the way she looks at me... I think its more observing than anything else. And sometimes we get it wrong and sometimes we get it right! :grin:

6. Meropspusillus

As other people have said, it's more about just being observant about other people. In general gay people might have different ways of holding themselves or acting, whatever. If you can pick out those traits then its easier to tell who's who. Nothing magical or 100% accurate, however.

7. Took My Youth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm usually better at spotting gay guys rather than girls, which is rather useless to me. But I am quite observant and have spotted a few on my team.

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  9. Brenny

Wow. I read through that article and it was really interesting.... both the hair whorl, fingerprints, and the finger length ratios apply to my case. The genetics research made some great finds.

10. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My gaydar is pretty good, so fact. If it was not, I would say fiction but yay for working gaydar! :grin: