1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i hate the word "pretty"? rant.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by woundsneverheal, Dec 11, 2012.

1. okay so , it irks me a lot when girls say "she's so pretty" ....it really ..makes me mad...
    like it's weird....but i feel like "pretty" is not something you call a girl or a woman.

it's a weak word to describe someone. pretty should for flowers or a painting...
    not a girl or woman. this is just me....honestly i feel like if you call a girl pretty , you should just call her ugly...in my mind.

this in my mini rant.

2. Greendalehumans

When I think of a pretty person I think of soft and delicate features. I think it's a nice compliment :slight_smile: but I understand where you're coming from.

3. yeah , just pretty is a weak word to me....i can't view it as that but thank you for answering haha

4. Zodavva

I must say I quite like it when people call me pretty :slight_smile: but I guess that's because it tends to be associated more with girls. And I don't really tend to call objects pretty when I come to think of it ... Interesting one though :slight_smile:

5. its just me i guess. oh well...i'm weird

6. Brenny

I tend to use the word pretty vs beautiful because beautiful is kind of a strong word in my mind. Saying pretty means I admire her and find her attractive in a non-sexual way. Idk it is like using words like love or hate. I can see what you mean but I think pretty is still a very good compliment. If I said a girl was beautiful it would probably be if she was glowing in some fantastic dress and all glammed up. I think these are words that vary from person to person in meaning.

7. I'd prefer cute rather than pretty.....i guess its the way girls say it in my school...oh well.

8. redstormrising

can't say the word "pretty" has ever bothered me. i think i tend to use it more in reference to girls rather than adult women, though.