1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dog is acting weird.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheUndiscovered, Dec 11, 2012.

1. TheUndiscovered

My dog has been acting a little off lately. Ever since I used the 'clean' option on my stove she has been hiding under my bed and wanting to spend most of her time on my bed and is timid in the living room. My mom is convinced this is because of the stove super heating to clean itself which created a smell but I think it may be something different. Any ideas?

2. Salazar

If your actually worried about her take her to a vet, but it may well just be the smell. Apparently different breeds are differently affected by strange smells.

3. TheUndiscovered

If she keeps up acting like this I will. I just can't afford it. My other dog has a lot of problems and she just has to cope since vets can be so expensive

4. Emberstone

turn on any vent fans you have in your residence, and consider putting a fan in a while to draw the smell out, and bring fresh air in for a little bit.

5. Salazar

Not a bad idea.

6. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

I'm curious if it's emitting a high frequency noise your dog finds disagreeable. Think dog whistles but from your oven. Get a dog whistle and see if it elicits the same reaction in your dog.

---------- Post added 11th Dec 2012 at 08:40 PM ----------

I suggest this because it's how my parents' dogs behaved around dog whistles and other very high pitched loud sounds.

7. TheUndiscovered

Thanks all for your input! Definitely helps me out with finding out what's going on with her. :slight_smile:

8. aeva

That's actually what went through my mind too. It could be a combination of that and the smell. Dogs are perceive so many things that we don't.