1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you think too much about being a lesbian in the beginning?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by deoliveirai, Dec 13, 2012.

1. deoliveirai

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So i have only really been out for just under 2 months, to my friends that is, because it was only then that it really lke clicked, and i went from the 'im sure its just a phase' stage (for like the hundreth time) to who am i kidding i know im gay. It started after i tried some gay clubs in london, but now that ive told some friends, its like its taking over my thoughts all the time, im addicted to the L word and i just cant stop thinking about being gay, is this normal? did it happen to anyone else?
    i only ask because my friend told me i think too much about it and its taking over my whole life, as opposed to just being a part of me...
    just thought i'd share the love with this funky emoticon (&&&) hehe

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well when I first started acknowledging I liked girls, I was a bit obsessed about it in my thinking. I worried I was different, or I'd go to hell, or what God thought, what everyone would think, maybe I'm bi or what am I etc.

I think its normal to at first when it's fresh information. As time goes on, I care less and less that I like girls. :grin:

3. Totally normal. When I finally figured myself out, I was just like that. Obsessed with the L word and everything. It's new and exciting, so dive right in!

4. FashionDisaster

Well I'm not a lesbian, but I've been out for about 5 months now and sometimes wonder the same thing. I've become obsessed with reading and watching LGBT books and movies. I've also become really interested in gender studies and societal sexism. I've come to the decision that I spent so much time questioning and hiding my sexuality, that now I'm trying to make up for lost time. Also, I think its on my mind a lot because while I accept myself now, I still need time to figure out how to incorporate being gay into myself and what it means to me. It probably doesn't help that there is a number of things I used to be afraid to do because I didn't want people to call me gay. I have noticed over the past month this is starting to go down and being gay has started to become just a part of myself; like being left handed.

5. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Lolz, you're definitely not the only one... I'm so guilty. I've toned it down a little (so pretty much, that means I tried... Idk if I succeeded entirely), but I'm still that psycho lezzie. (term of endearment, dubbed by one of my besties) and I think I probably will always be. xD I love other gay people, gay things, always joke about how stereotypical I can be, I'm just a double fucking rainbow of gayness right now.

6. proudtobeme

Dominican Republic or somewhere in GA, USA
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You so are not alone. When I accepted it, I couldn't stop thinking about how I'm the L word. And you know what? I LOVED it. Embrace the L word!

7. Deaf Not Blind

Yes you are! Why you not out as a lesbian FD? :grin:

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2012 at 06:49 PM ----------

Well, once again, I have proof I am not at all a lesbian, I am FTM and do like girls.

I do think we all as Queers get a bit obsessed as others said it is new to us, we been ashamed of it so long, we need our minds to be able to love ourselves, so we push it hard to go opposite of hate.

I don't have the feelings that lesbians do about loving all rainbow stuff and getting dressed in it, and all things feminist and stuff purple whateverthehell you all are into. Lword sucks...a lesbian made me just after coming out watch the part where Max gets DUMPED! I hate that movie! never ever want to see it ever! that just killed me, to think if I fall in love a girl will think I am...what she said.

But yup, every single lesbian I know has attributes that are like you girls. I tried to go to the rainbow club on campus, it was nearly all women, lesbian heaven i guess...I felt so odd, like a straight person there. I know they welcome straights, but all the movies they want to watch and the suckers to sell that are vaginas?

I would rather I think find a club that focuses on something else, like dancing or fly fishing. :slight_smile:

8. Fisnou

Ditto. It's on my mind 24/7 but it no longer depresses me like it used to cos I've accepted it. And just like FashionDisaster, all I read and watch nowadays is 90% LGBT related and I've also been considering doing a course in gender studies, except I don't wanna go back to uni for 3 years! May be I'll just find some books... I'm gonna need a new bookshelf :lol:

9. deoliveirai

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks you guys, so i guess its not weird if i go back to watching the L word and reading Ellen degeneres' books :slight_smile:
    This site is amazing, its amazing how you can realise there are so many people just like you out there !

10. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*) We understand. It was funny because I was just wondering the other day if it was normal for me to submerge myself in the culture like this... :grin:

11. aeva

From everybody I've talked to about this, I'd say it's completely normal. I know I'm definitely the same way. I was less concerned about what others thought (as I have incredibly accepting friends and family), but I absolutely soaked up everything about the LGBT community that I could. I've been totally out for a year and a half now, and the pace has slowed down somewhat. I still love LGBT movies, tv shows and books, but I've settled down quite a bit.

Don't worry, everything will fall into place!

12. emmyelke

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i have been denying for a really long time about the way i feel about my best friend and i was so scared to tell her how i really felt, so its been about 2 months ago when i finally told her how i felt about her. It was the most scariest thing i have ever done before but it was so much more relieved to know that she also felt the same way about me. But after i told her and we both agreed to date i am still un sure how i feel about being a lesbian but when i'm with my girlfriend its okay i know i want to be in a relationship with her but when we are away from each other we fight.
    What do i do? HELP! someone

13. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well is what your fighting about important issues? I think maybe you need time to accept yourself, but fighting in a relationship is perfectly normal and healthy unless there is a dealbreaker going on. :slight_smile:

14. Adelaida

It's been on my mind a lot since I "came out" to myself. I think it's totally normal. There's even a term for it in psychology: it's called "Identity Pride." It's the stage of coming out where you immerse yourself in the LGBT culture, etc. Although for me, I don't think it's quite pride yet; I'm still getting used to it.

Read this Link: Six Stages to Coming Out | UW Counseling Center - Student Life

15. PatyR

I'm not lesbian but I'm bisexual (more attracted to girls, though), I kinda understand...
    At first, I didn't want to admit that I was different, I felt off: ( But, I never tried to deny it either (weird, I know)... I was just like "oh no, I think I like boobs too, what should I do?"... Sometimes I still feel like that, but I'm happy the way I am right now (regarding my sexuality xD).
    When I hear homophobic comments I feel utterly disgusted and disappointed and that's when I feel reaaaaaally bad, but what can I do? I was born this way AND I'm gonna stay this way: ).
    (!)