1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best and Worst of the year

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SomeNights, Dec 15, 2012.

1. SomeNights

Alright, so I know it's wayy early for this but let's do Best and Worst memory of the last 12 months:

Best - Took a guy home from a party and ended up sleeping NEXT to him.

Worse - Listening to my dad make gay jokes with a friend while i was sitting there. (he doesn't know so it was kinda ironic though)

2. best :coming into this empty closet and finding freinds like u....really help me a lot................... Worst:never dated or had slept with anyone coz i had never seen gays who admits it and im too afraid to tell anyone:slight_smile:

3. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Best - going to college and doing a fashion design course

Worst - being single for yet another year :frowning2:

4. Given To Fly

Worst - Had an 'episode', I spose you could call it a breakdown, whilst on a short break to Switzerland in June. If a good friend hadn't been there to help me through it, I doubt I'd be here now.

Best - Coming out - It just seems that everything is going right for me for the first time ever. I've got a social life whereas previously I cut myself off as much as possible, and I've gone for a promotion at work, for which I start training next month.

5. Eleanor Rigby

Best - Spending time with my friends and my husband during the holidays. Meeting up with my EC's sidekick once more last february :slight_smile:. Being transferred to a new and much much better school last september. Being back to therapy for a few months (not necessarily the funniest part but definitely the best thing I've done for myself in a long while).

Worst - Spending this first year without my grand-father, this had been really really hard. Failing every single attempt to get pregnant for almost a year now. Family issues : I know everyone have some, I just really struggle with those, especially since my grand-father's death...

6. FemCasanova

Best: Got a girlfriend, who is wonderful. Got a new job, starts up in january.

Worst: My sister`s situation is very tough on her, and I am very worried. She`s unemplyed, failed her exam because she worried about economical situation and could`t focus on her school stuff.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Best: Realizing that I am almost completely out, even though I had a very weird year. I also have decent grades even though I had a ton of stuff going on.

Worst: Getting in a car wreck (which totaled my car). Having to deal with all of issues from the car wreck. (I cracked a bone in my neck). Really bad storm then came along and I had to get new car (which I had for 2 days at that point) fixed. I moved back to school and then got really sick. I also outed myself to some of my extended family on facebook. (thankfully, they accepted me. It was bad at that moment though.) And finally, the depression that came because all these things happened at once.

2013 has to be better than 2012.. lol.

8. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Best: I have a few. Getting signed onto my internship and job offers, passing all of my classes, especially statistics, meeting some genuinely awesome guys and a ton of new people. Just having a good time with friends too I suppose.

Worst: I have two. When my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, that would have to be the absolute worst thing that has happened to my family this year. She's going to make a full recovery and stuff, but she's still in chemo. It was pretty hard some days to deal with. And number two definitely would have to be the entire span of time between May 7th and August 2nd, which was when I worked in my hometown's Clerk of Courts office for a truly tyrannical and clinically insane bitch for a boss who did everything in her power to drive me into the ground and run me out of the courthouse. Which she failed to do, because I'm still there. Those truly were the worst three months of my life.

...overall, I'd give 2012 a 8/10. Could have been better, could have been a lot worse.

#8 Kidd, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best: Entering a program where I truly love what I'm doing.
    Worst: Being single for the year. I suppose I'll admit it's been one of the longest periods I've been single since I started dating a guy lol...kind of annoying but I'm sure I'll find that perfect guy some day, I just hope it's before 30.

10. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Best: finally accepting that and I'm bisexual and starting to come out.

Worst: breaking up with my girlfriend of 8 months. It was my first real relationship and it ended badly when she got back together with her ex boyfriend. I've also had a few medical issues this year.

Hoping 2013 is better!

11. timo

2011 pretty much sucked, but this year was actually pretty good. I can't think of a lot of bad things that happened.

Best:
    - Coming out. This should definitely be at the top of the list. I'm so glad I joined EC and gained the courage to finally tell some people. And everyone I've told was, without exception, positive and accepting.
    - The music festivals I went to. Instead of going on vacation I went to four 3-day festivals this year and they were, without exception, AWESOME. Great weather, good bands, cool people... I can't wait for summer 2013 to come.
    - Succesfully finishing my second year in uni and my internship
    - Just the general hanging out with friends etc.

Worst:
    - My car died on the way back home from one of the festivals. Only solution was to put in a new engine, which would cost more than the car was worth... so I had to leave it in Germany :frowning2: It still hurts a bit cause even though it was just a car (and a pretty old one), I really, really liked it.
    ....yeah, that's pretty much it. No life-changing bad things in 2012. I hope 2013 will be just as positive, and hopefully I'll find a boyfriend somewhere along the line. Being single gets boring :grin:

12. Best:
    Coming out to my three best friends!! (!)

Worst:
    Grandparents talking about how gay people are supposed to burn in hell... How helpful... :/

13. All Star

All Star Guest

Best-Coming Out! Best day of my life!
    Worst-Great Aunt dying of heart attack.

14. Markio

Best: Having my first kiss with a guy! Volunteering at Pride! Graduating College!

Worst: My mom passed away. Easily the least happy thing to happen...

15. proudtobeme

Dominican Republic or somewhere in GA, USA
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Best: There's several:
    - Accepting that I'm lesbian
    - Coming out to a few people and being accepted
    - Going to Spain!!!
    - Ending several horrible and destructive habits
    - Getting my first real job

Worst:
    - Losing my best friend
    - Realizing my parents are homophobic
    - Creating one new, worse habit- I started self harming, which sucked. I'm trying to quit. It's so hard, though.

I'd give this year probably a 7.5 out of 10.

16. Doku

Out Status:
    Some people
    Best: Found the love of my life, made lots of new friends.

Worst:
    Me and my love could never be together here in America unless DOMA is repealed (as she's not eligible to become a permanent resident otherwise)- only choice I have is to move to Australia to join her there. Then there's also the fact that I've been used throughout the year from other people who claimed to be my friends who turned out they really weren't.

17. Route466

Route466 Guest

Best:

- My phone interview with R.L. Stine.
    - Getting the rights to my short screenplay back.
    - Meeting my boyfriend, exploring sex, and building a relationship together.
    - Getting a full-time job with benefits as a preschool teacher.
    - People of Walmart accepting a picture I took. Strange, I know.
    - Getting out of debt.
    - Being told by my dad, "I have never been so proud of you."

Worst:

- Everything my boyfriend put me through in June and July.
    - Sacrificing meals to pay the bills.
    - Getting a dead-end job as a lunchroom monitor just to make ends meet.
    - My mom ruining my 23rd birthday by immediately commenting how sickly I looked after driving nearly six hours just to see her and get away from my problems.
    - Selling more than half of my belongings including my own bed just to pay bills.
    - Being in debt to my roommate and sister more than $1000 for at least six months.
    - Living in a dangerous area that made me feel unsafe and unhappy.

18. sunnii

best-hard to pin point 1 big moment (i think coming out to my friends deserves a mention) but my work night out last week was just amazing everything about that night went right. Not 1 bad thing happened and I am so grateful of the luck I had considering how drunk I was that I didnt even lose anything (a habit i have on drunken affairs)

worst-probably when I had a breakdown, as a result of too much alcohol and not enough food consumption, in front of all my friends (who had only seen me drunk twice before) and being sick in the toilet.

19. Emberblaze

Best: actually having a group of true friends for once, and not just transient acquaintanceships every year.

Worst: realizing that I was right all along, and that in the end, you can only depend on yourself

20. Colton

Best: Meeting the most amazing boy in the world<3

Worst: Having my house raided by the police.