1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't you hate it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatyR, Dec 15, 2012.

1. PatyR

My female friends say that they fully accept gays... but the other day they were talking about how lesbians make them freak out and were disgusting-.- :dry:I mean, homosexuals aren't just men!
    Even if I weren't bisexual (still inside the closet for all the world except my mom) I would feel disapointed... That was pretty hard for me to hear, especially because my crush agreed:icon_sad:

Sorry for my english, I'm Mexican :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:(&&&)

2. Same happens in my school but the other around. The male homophobes love lesbians but hate gay men.

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Usually its the other way around because we're in a male dominated society that thinks lesbians are only sexing girls to make men happy. There are so many double standards. Ahhh well. We don't need judgmental people in our lives. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it pisses me off so much when people do things like this with the gay community.

It's not exactly the same thing but my flatmate makes really offensive jokes about this really camp gay guy in one of his seminars and one time when I called him up on it and said that when he makes fun of somebody for being gay it's offensive to all gay people, me included he said 'No, but your different...'
    It's like, 'I don't mind you being gay because if you didn't tell me I wouldn't know, but camp people are awful' - I hate that mindset.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's annoying and oppressive. I completely agree.

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

"I'm okay with gay people, as long as they're gay in a way that doesn't gross me out."

7. Lewis

It's the same that men are fine with lesbians (because they find it attractive). I mean...my male best friend is accepting of me, but he always says 'I don't like gays that are girly and have to make a statement about their sexuality by shoving it in your face'. He disappoints me because he says that transsexuals are wrong, but I have to accept that that's his opinion. I do try and argue that, but he doesn't have any of it. I just have to be lucky that he accepts me I guess...

8. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeah, altho that comes from fetishising lesbians & creepy misogynistic stuff like that so idk if it's really better

9. EmHw

I haven't come out yet but in a question I asked my friends and they said two gay men was okay but two women weren't and then I asked my family and they just said neither of them were okay so I completely agree with you. If you accept two men then you should also accept two women?

10. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Same sex homophobia is really bad at my school, even among the teachers. Straight girls and female teachers love their gay/bi guy students but hate lesbians and bi girls. Straight guys and male teachers love their lesbian/bi girl students but hate gay and bi guys. Its ridiculous. And I'm fully out there. All us queers are friends, lol...

11. GingerGuy

Anyone who has the ability to think logically can see how stupid these people are. Can't they see that the homossexuals of your gender actually decrease the amount of competition you will have to get a date, while the ones from the opposite compete with you in this aspect?

12. Sherri

People are just silly, and honestly, that's all it comes down to. Even gay people. I've had a ton of gay people outright tell me that they don't think pansexuality needs its own title because it isn't a real thing -- it's just bisexuals trying to feel fancy. I've known tons of gays/lesbians who wouldn't date bisexuals because of their own prejudices and insecurities. Sometimes, people suck.

13. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Yup i hear that all the time. It doesnt make sense to me since i never heard anyone say gay men are gross all i hear is gays are gross but they all love lesbians

14. Colours

That is very common though. So stupid :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: They like lesbians just because it turns them on, not so much because they accept homosexuality.