1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makeup on Guys?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayforGuys, Dec 16, 2012.

1. GayforGuys

I kinda feel bad in a sense for asking this because you can argue that it falls into a Gay stereotype of being feminine and constantly worrying about your looks but if people want to argue that point I have Straight friends who use a little make-up. :icon_wink
    I've recently started using this liquid foundation type things on my arms because believe it or not, it's incredibly hard to get a tan during Winter....in Scotland!
    I'm clueless with fake tan, and sunbeds are a no go for me personally.

Apart from that I occasionally wear eye-liner along with this really awesome colourful stuff, because frankly why the :***: not!
    Just wondering if any other guys dabble in make-up at all?
    And for anyone else, guys wearing make-up....turn on...turn off, would you date a guy you knew wore make- up?

2. Not a turn-on, but not a deal breaker.

3. Jonathan

Personally, I don't wear make-up myself. However, if a guy wants to wear some I don't see any problem with it all. A guy wearing make-up wouldn't really effect my opinion of him in any way (positive or negative). So it wouldn't be a turn on or a turn off for me, it'd just be something that he does.

So basically, I'm just indifferent :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. aeva

I actually know quite a few straight guys that wear minimal amounts of make-up (usually eyeliner). Many of them are theatre kids, somewhat goth or into the gender-bending stuff, but still...

I think wearing make-up is like most things- some people can pull it off, some can't. But I say who cares about being a stereotype, if you enjoy it, go for it!

5. Night Rain

It's definitely a turn-off and a deal breaker. :frowning2:

6. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I don't really like it either, just because it's kind of disgusting if you think about it…it collects in places and whatnot. I just don't see the point anyway.

7. Lewis

I don't think a little makeup is too bad, like a little bit of male bronzer/concealer, but nothing over the top.

8. Jordz

Depends on how much is used, I guess a little bit is fine but too much is not

9. GayforGuys

This pretty much.

10. hello1992

I dont wear makeup, but a little concealer wouldnt go amiss!

Um, for me it would be a little turn off because i like masculinity. That being said, its nice to have someone who takes care of their appearance!

11. Fiddledeedee

I don't find makeup particularly attractive on guys or girls (yes, I do know what a truely natural face without the slightest spot of foundation or concealer is like), but I don't find it a problem on either when done in moderation. It also isn't just gay guys who wear it; look up Tim Minchin.

12. leer

I moisturize daily does that count. not got a problem with others using a little .

13. Pain

Pain Guest

I don't mind it-- especially depending on the context of how it's used, like a foundation or a cover-up, as opposed to full out contour and eye shadow. I've gotten a whole new appreciation for regular make-up users from dressing in drag occasionally. It takes a lot, and usually it's to look good or impress. I can say, their efforts should not go unnoticed, at the least.

#13 Pain, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  14. BudderMC

I don't even like make-up on women tbh.

I wouldn't write someone off for it, but it certainly isn't a selling point for me.

15. Given To Fly

Doesn't bother me to be honest. So long as it's done properly, to highlight and accent someone's better features, and not just plastered on like teenage girls seem to do lol

16. Mitchell

I don't wear is... but I find eyeliner on guys attractive.

17. Colours

Some foundation would be okay I think, though it would in no way be a turn on. Maybe a turn off, even. I'm more into masculinity.

18. Bolin

It's one of my biggest turn-offs. I really don't even like on women that much unless it's extremely subtle. I don't know if I'd say that it's a deal-breaker....I guess it would depend on how much or how often. Like, if it's for a cosplay you're doing few times, then okay. But if you're going out every night with makeup on, I honestly don't think I'd be able to get used to it.

19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't personally wear it, but I think guyliner done well can look excellent. It might help that I like the emo/scene look, where it's pretty popular.

20. Beachboi92

Some guys like it some guys don't you will learn who you attract with different looks. My opinion is if you like it and you like the way you look then fuck what anyone else thinks or says about it. There is nothing wrong with being feminine or worrying about your appearance. In the past I have used foundation and powder testing it out because fact is a simple make-up can make a guys skin look better (I have gone out with guys who wear make-up before) and some people look really sexy with guyliner. I am personally of the opinion more people should sue subtle amounts of make-up it really serves to benefit the look of anyone. Even my super straight hyper masculine brother has been known to steal my super gay younger brothers make-up to deal with a bad skin day lol