1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your first crush that made you know for sure

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hello1992, Dec 16, 2012.

1. hello1992

Hey guys!

Last night I got thinking about the point when I knew for sure i was gay. It was
    the exact same time I realized i had a massive crush on this guy in my class.

I guess i am just curious about other people's experiences.

Was the point you knew for sure that you weren't straight the same time as your first crush?

2. proudtobeme

Dominican Republic or somewhere in GA, USA
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kind of, yes.

For a while, I was questioning whether or not I really was straight, because I had a boyfriend at the time. My best friend friend, who is also female, helped me a lot. I told her I was bi, and that I thought I maybe had a crush on this girl we both know. She was like, "Okay, cool." even though that was a lie; I really was crazy about her.
    Long story short, I slept over at her house one night, and I asked her how she wasn't freaking out (I hadn't come to terms with my sexuality yet). She told me that it was fine, literally saying, "I love you no matter what." I kind of scoffed at that and said something like, "You aren't the damn lesbian here." She got really quiet for a second, so I jokingly asked if there was something she wanted to tell me. I was in shock when she burst into tears, explaining that she had utterly fallen for me, and had betrayed my trust, because she thought she had somehow influenced my decision. So to shut her up, I kissed her.

That was the moment I knew for certain that I am completely, proudly lesbian.

3. hello1992

OMG that is such a romantic story!!! What happened between you two afterwards?

i think in the back of my head i knew I wasn't straight (at least) but didnt really no for sure until one day in the male changing rooms where I ''noticed'' this incredibly hot guy from my class...
    Bit of a cliche really...

4. leer

I was at school and he was a year older I had already discovered I liked lads girls didn't do it for me.
    there was one boy year older than me who lived round the corner from me we were good mates supported the same team ''Sheffield Wednesday '' used to knock about after school playing football , play fights he always won pinning me on the floor his body on top of me Loved that bit .

5. GayforGuys

I pretty much always knew...It was always in the back of my head, I just refused to confront it.
    But, as soon as I kissed the guy that I had been crushing on for what felt like forever, I knew right there and then I was Gay. And for the first time I was actually happy about it!

6. Jim

Jim

My first crush was on a girl. We were best friends at the time and I still have feelings for her, even though we haven't talked in about 3 years because she more or less bullied me out of our friendship group. I didn't realise I was pansexual till much later though, I just figured it was normal to fancy your same sex friends?

7. Given To Fly

For me, I knew as a kid, but what made me finally come out this year was I realised I had a crush on a guy I used to work with (he works in another department now, which coincidentally I'm being promoted to soon yay). He's gay, and a few years younger than me, but he's in a civil partnership so I know theres no chance of anything happening. I told him whilst drunk a few weeks ago I had a crush on him - it's the only time I've ever seen him turn red lol.

So yeah, he's pretty much the reason I started to accept myself - after all, I figured that if he can be happy and in a long term relationship with another guy, then so can I, one day :slight_smile:

8. Mitchell

Well, I sortable knew when I started high school... saw attractive guys.

I confirmed it when I was with my ex - boyfriend.

9. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My first real crush was when I was in the second grade (I was seven years old). Even though I was very young, I knew it was a crush but I didn't understand it and of course couldn't talk to anyone about.

He had strawberry blonde hair and the way it was cut was absolutely adorable on him. He also had the most beautiful blue eyes and the cutest dimples. I found myself just staring at him on many occasions. He even started showing up in my dreams. I was totally infatuated with him. I almost never talked to him because I so intimated by his looks and I didn't understand my feelings for him. He left the public school system after second grade and I never went to school with him again.

Fast forward to my first job (McDonald's) when I was in high school....

It was my first day at McD's and I had walked into the kitchen part. I almost fell over because there he was. I hadn't seen him since second grade. His haircut was much shorter than in second grade but other than that, he looked the same. My first day was primarily watching videos but I did spend some time working in the kitchen. In a twist of fate, they didn't have any uniform tops for me so my crush ended up letting me wear his spare shirt. It smelled like him and I was on cloud nine wearing his shirt. Having to work together, I was forced to talk to him which resulted in feeling a lot more comfortable talking to him than when I was in second grade.

I learnt more about him while working with him. After second grade, he ended up in a private 'religious' school. His father was a minister.

That Christmas at McD's, there was an employee Christmas party. Everyone was drinking as there was a bar at the party, which of course you had to be 'of age' to be able to drink. Most of us who were underage ended up drinking in the parking lot. **Disclosure: I am not condoning underage drinking. Just because I was stupid doesn't mean anyone else has to be. I am including this because it was integral to my story** I ended up spending the entire night with him in his father's (the minister) drinking. The whole night I felt like he wanted to talk about something other than the things we were talking about...but that could've been wishful thinking on my part. Being from a small, very conservative town I was very much in the closet and there was no way I could come out to him.

I still treasure that night though. We probably spent a good six hours just chilling in his father's car and actually missed most of what was going on inside at the Christmas party (we totally missed the dinner but we did go in when they passed out Christmas gifts).

Sometimes I fantasize about how that night might have turned if I had the courage to say something to him.

Anyways, sorry this has gone on so long but he was my first real same-sex crush and I just had to include how after nine years of not seeing him, we ended up working together.

10. Colours

In a way, yes. I sort of already knew, but when I had this really intense crush on my best friend (now my ex) this year (so when I was 19), I knew that there was no longer any doubts about it and I accepted that I wasn't straight.

The slight crushes I had before that one didn't really hit me in the face as much, made me think that maybe I was just curious, that it was just a phase, you know the drill.

11. GingerGuy

For someone who is sure to be gay at 17, I got my first crush on a man quite late. Before, I had genuinely crushed on girls (I'm biromantic), but had many sexual fantasies with men. However, I did not view myself as gay because I had never fallen for a boy before. This happened in 2010/2011, when I met a boy in my new school whom, besides having beautiful green eyes and a very funny face, did theather with me, and was an excellent actor and singer. Sadly, I knew I would never have a chance to play the lead roles from our school plays, because the most experienced students almost took them all, but still, it was always a joy to see him acting, and sometimes I waited all day to be close to him. Of course, this was also plagued by many sensual thoughts. Eventually, I told him about my gayness, though not individually, and I believe he didn't hold anything against me. Unfortunately, though, he's a 100% straight.

12. my first crush on a girl was a girl named Rosalyn. it was in elementary (5th grade)/ middle school (7th grade) she was beautiful , i remember i would always just get those butterflies around her and in gym class ...i would always try and get her attention...i remember when we go up to the track and when we would play soccer ..i would be on her team...and when she would talk to me...oh god , my stomach flipped ...i wasn't aware of that i had a crush on her but i was infatuated with her. i'd always stare at her and just the sight of her gave me those butterflies...i always talked about her to my sister and i never did that with anyone else and i didn't realize i had a crush on her until last year...i remembered her and the way i felt...i just knew...something wasn't right...but if i hadn't had remembered her , figuring out my sexuality would have been harder.

13. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

My first real crush was what made me sure that I wasn't straight. Before that I'd wondered, since I'd noticed some things that seemed like they may be attraction in regards to other women, but it was nothing definite. Plus I'd had a couple very mild pseudo-crushes on guys (i.e. I liked looking at them and occasionally fantasizing about them but had zero desire to interact with them). Then last year I fell hard for my friend/roommate. I'm only just now beginning to recover from it, thanks to talking to someone who happens to have the same name (still trying to decide if this is good or bad).

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't have a full-fledged crush on a guy for quite awhile.

It all started with my friend Kyle, whom I had known since we were eleven. He was always really cute, with these bright green eyes you wouldn't believe. He was a total chick magnet in school, despite the fact that he was sort of shy and never had a real girlfriend. We were just acquaintances/neighbors mostly through middle school, and at that time I had a gut-busting crush on a girl.

However, when high school rolled around, it was really only the two of us. We clung to each other for support in freshman year, and became best friends. He moved away shortly after unfortunately, but since then, I've thought a lot about him. He was always sensitive, and mostly friendly, despite a somewhat hostile home environment. I realized I thought about him a lot, and missed him so much.

He came back though, eventually. I went to visit him and although our reunion was kind of awkward and non-emotional, I was so happy to see him. He was as cute as ever-- thin, soft features, glasses, I had a great time checking him out. Eventually, I just admitted to myself, "I have a crush on Kyle." It felt great to admit it, and although he's in the Navy and married with a kid now, he's not exactly happy about it. While I wish him the peace in life he desperately needs, I still hold a small ember of hope that he'll come to his senses, leave his wife, and that we can be together someday.

#14 Argentwing, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  15. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    For me it was the absence of a crush that got me questioning. Everyone thought that I had a crush on one of my male friends. That is, everyone except for me. When I thought about it, I realized that I could not see myself with a man without feeling intense revulsion, but when I imagined myself with a woman I was surprised by how mild my reaction was. Until that point I had always assumed that I'd never get into a relationship because I didn't want to be with a man. Now I realized that I was comfortable imagining a relationship with a woman...

I did, however, have two crushes, both of which I did not believe were crushes at the time, which helped me realize that I was gay. One was when I was twelve, at a writing camp. There was a girl there who I could just not stop thinking about. I watched her all the time... I was too shy to talk to her so I just wandered around wishing that she'd come and talk to me. Then the camp ended and we all went home. Afterwards, I could not stop talking about her, to the point that my mom asked if I had a crush on her. I denied it, but it was the seed that set everything in motion to a year and a half later when I realized that I might be gay. My other crush, which I still try to deny, was to a friend of mine. It helped me to stop questioning and realize who I was.

16. Greendalehumans

That's such a sweet story!

I'm not sure if there was a crush that made me figure it out.
    I guess the girl that I'm crushing on right now sort of helped. There was also this girl at my old school who I was friends with who was just so amazing. I really had a crush on her :slight_smile:

17. hello1992

I can relate to this. I never really understood what people meant by a crush until it happened to me when i was about 13. I too couldn't really imagine myself with a wife because it just seemed a little odd considering as a child sexual relationships between a man and a women was seen as rude.

18. Ticklish Fish

massive and maybe obsessive crush on this cute guy in my class(es) lol.

too bad that I am at like acquaintance level with him, and he's in different city for his uni now lol

19. Lewis

When I was a kid I remember this one other boy my age that I just wanted to get close to, I knew that I was attracted to him in some way. It was really confusing for me at such a young age, I just thought it had to be normal. There was also another boy that I was in love with and I just thought that it must be a friendly/brotherly kind of love, but now I look back, I get it.

20. AaronG

AaronG Guest

i've always known that I like guys. When I was younger I knew it wasn't really normal but it just felt so natural to me that I accepted it immediately. I didn't learn what gay meant until 4th grade though.