1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home cooking Love it Hate it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by leer, Dec 16, 2012.

1. leer

what food remind you of home-cooking one you loved one you hated
    Hears mine

Loved - stew & dumplings could never get enough better with a jar of beetroot to tuck into.

Hate - Liver & onions I just couldn't eat it the liver was always like rubber .:tears:.

2. FemCasanova

Mashed potatoes. Over the years I have gotten pretty good at making it myself, but it`s never quite like my mothers. It always makes me think of home, and how much I miss them there. Great, now you made me home-sick, lol! Just a week left before I have Christmas vacation :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Worst: Hmm.. My mother never made food I didn`t like, so this one was harder. Tomato soup kind of reminds me of home, but that I was never a big fan of. I don`t really love tomato flavored stuff, except from tomatoes, rofl!

3. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I loved to cook but for various reasons find it hard without my vision. I know it can be done just don't have the training to do it. I want to learn how to bake catfish, trout and other fish in my oven. I'm rying to change my diet from processed foods to more healthier foods but to do that I must be informed on the particulars.

What is a food I don't like that much? I'd have to say liver. There has only been one time that I was tricked into actually eating it but I should have known it was a trick.

4. leer

I have been following food recipes from the internet am getting good with pastry despite the mess with flour sausage & leek pie is one of my best yet I have attempted the stew and dumplings It tastes nothing like my mums . rhubarb is another food I cant stand

5. CTJ

CTJ

my mum makes mini individual steal, ale and stilton pies. My god they are delicious. My mum has become an amazing cook ever since i moved out. When i was growing up she was terrible. The dish i hated the most was her 'white dinner' Chicken breast, mashed potato, cauliflower and bread sauce. Bloody 'orrible it were.

6. My grandma's seafood gumbo is wonderful, although it ruined all other gumbo for me. I've never had a gumbo that can compare. Same thing with my granddad's chocolate chip cookies. I'm now extremely picky about my cookies.

The bad meals didn't stick in my memory like the good ones did. Plus if it was horrible, we wouldn't have it over and over again.

7. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Love - My mom's chicken pot pie, and my grandma's rice and beans!

Hate - My other grandma's pastelles. Disgusting mushy piece of poo. Ugh.

8. FruitFly

We cook so many things at home, perhaps stew and dumplings. It's not necessarily my favourite, but I have lots of warm memories floating about surrounding the dish.

Hate ... peas and faggots and black pudding. I cannot understand how anyone could enjoy them. Mother made her faggots from scratch and they make me feel sick to my stomach. I find it difficult to consume anything derived from a pig and I blame those faggots entirely.