1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why do people hate gays?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AaronG, Dec 17, 2012.

1. AaronG

AaronG Guest

For some reason a lot of people hate the lgbt community. My question is why. Its not like we go around spreading our gayness to everyone else, we aren't bad people at all. So what's with all the hate?
    I personally think people are just afraid of what they don't understand so they respond with hatred. What do you guys think?

2. Ticklish Fish

Misinformed people, sheltered people (to some degree), and possibly other various reasons...

3. dudedette

UHMMMM
    well because we are different, and most straight people don't understand us.
    WE, my friend, are Norm-breakers; therefore we are deviant in the eyes of society.

Seriously, even I'm scared of things I don't understand. Like "2girls and a cup"

4. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well if we're talking abt Western society, it's probably the pervasive influence of Christianity & the homophobia that was [and for quite a few people, still is] one of the main beliefs in it
    or maybe it's just 'cuz we're better than them

5. AaronG

AaronG Guest

Haha that's probably it.

6. Lewis

No offence to anybody, but I blame the bible. It's the only place that states we are wrong in any way. I'm pretty sure being gay would have been accepted hundreds of years ago if it weren't for that.

7. Pain

Pain Guest

Not to be blaming of religion, but so many people are influenced by religion (even though sometimes it can be misinterpreted) and brought up to believe that being gay goes against their beliefs.

8. GDUSA

GDUSA Guest

It's just the society we live in but it is slowly changing for the better. People just don't understand how hurtful they can be.

9. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The suppressed dislike of homosexuality in Roman culture found an outlet in the new Christian religion, allowing the homophobic elements of that culture to crush the weak tolerance that was already in place. Christo-Roman cultural domination spread across the world, both through Christianity, later Islam, and even non-Christian, non-Islamic cultures being influenced by the Christian/Roman view.

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the perception-breaking, taboo nature of guy-on-guy is very alluring. I like being a deviant dammit! However, some people are just disgusted by homosexuality because it's not personally for them. Stupid, base people would impart their own opinions on everyone else. <<That is actually a worldwide problem that goes back as far as human history, actually. Whatever happened to "live and let live"?

#10 Argentwing, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  11. introvert

introvert Guest

Ignorance and fear. People dislike what they don't understand.

12. GingerGuy

I don't think I should even write anything here. All arguments I could possibly say had been laid out before. Honestly, there aren't many reasons why people hate gays. They all boil down to ignorance, in the end.

Great job guys :slight_smile:

13. The few homophobes I know are all guys. They hate gay people (but gay men in particular) because they are afraid a gay guy is going hit on them.

#13 wonderingdave01, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  14. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Because their parents did

(not applicable in all situations)

There really is no good reason.

15. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    there is, It is because were awesome:slight_smile:

16. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well.. misinformation, they are taught to hate us by religion, passed down from from family and ignorance.

17. Capichino

They think its grose and the first thing they think when they think of gay ppl is anal sex (quote from loaganlazrus on YouTube) and they also probly think OMG what If I catch the gay

18. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a pretty potent minus point for us. I've known I like guys for about a decade now, and I'm only starting to come onto the idea in the past year or so. It is a very daunting concept in my mind, but then again, straight people do anal occasionally too. What's their excuse? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. AaronG

AaronG Guest

When I came out to my dad the first thing he said was "so does that mean you're gonna let a guy f*ck you in the butt?"lol oh dad...

20. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Because they all have AIDS and will turn the superior, more important heterosexual people gay and turn their children gay. They're also demons and eat babies. If they're let to propagate, storms of fire will come up from hell and horses will eat each other.