1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a Real Story to Base a Movie on

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by madi, Dec 17, 2012.

1. madi

At my school our GSA is helping put on the diversity assembly/MLK Assembly for Martin Luther King Junior day. We want to make a short film based on a true story from someone lgbtq's life. 40% of homeless teens are lgbtq, mainly because they get kicked out when they come out of the closet. I was wondering if any of you had a coming out story where you got kicked out or something similar where it didn't go so well? If so would be willing to share your story for our film?

2. FranklinK

Hey, I have a story, but I don't want it stolen. I'd like to have rights to it for when I finish my book, but if you would like to do a short film for your school I could give you a bit on my teen years.

3. madi

That would be great and we could either mention your name or not totally up to you. I would love to hear a bit about your experience though. you can either message me privately or post it on here.

4. FranklinK

Well I can't message you privately, but I'll tell you some basic stuff. My mom and my dad split when I was 2. My sister had just been born. My mom says she left my dad because she found out that he was gay. My aunt says something completely different happened. Well, my mother didn't allow us to have contact with our father. He died of AIDs when I was 13 shortly after I came out of the closet. My mother flipped her shit. Beat me daily took away privileges like having a door, using the bathroom more than 3 times a day, and restrictions on food like no cereal after 10am and you can only have a handful of chips with your sandwich, or you can only have this amount of this food at this time, etc. When I turned 17 I left. I left the day of my SAT. I came home, packed my shit (what little I had) and I left. I was homeless for a year or so. Family didn't want to help a faggot. Stayed with a guy I dated for a short while, but he would come into my room nightly and rape me. I just pretended to be asleep. I begged my mom to come back at that point she called me a liar and told me there wasn't room for me in the house. The story goes on from there. If you need more let me know.

5. madi

I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of that. I would like to hear more if you are willing to share.

6. TheUndiscovered

Typhoid Marry? No one has made a movie from her as far as I know.

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2012 at 04:41 PM ----------

Wow. :frowning2: How horrible. I can't imagine what that would be like. I really hope your life is starting to turn out better now. (*hug*)

7. FranklinK

Ok well here is more - I moved in with coworkers (was sleeping in my car) and everything was going great. My best friend stayed the night one night and I left to get some food for us and she was going to stay and watch a movie she hadn't seen yet that I had already seen. When I get back the house was a wreck and her lip was bloody. My roommate tried to rape her. So I moved in with the guy I was seeing at the time. Keep in mind I was still in high school. Was with the guy just up until I was about to graduate. Then he cheated on me and threw me out. Moved back into my car. After I graduated my ex's friend Mary was moving back up to Clarksville, TN and said that I could come with her to live with her and her sister. So I agreed and followed her up there. Her sister was a wreck. Family drama broke out when the married sisters (whose husbands were overseas fighting the war against terrorism) started fighting over a guy they had come up to meet them on World of Warcraft. I left. My grandmother finally agreed to give me her couch, but made sure to tell me everyday that I was going to hell and that all I did was create drama because I'm gay. Stayed there until I got into college. I went buck wild in college: joined a fraternity, partied all day and night, skipped my classes, etc. I just wasn't ready for it. I had all this freedom now and I went nuts. So I joined the ARMY when I was withdrawn from all my classes. I ended up snapping both of my ankles first week of basic - still graduated - and was told that because of the permanent damage that I was not allowed to finish AIT and gain full benefits. They dismissed me with an 'other than honorable' for not finishing my training. I found out recently that was bullshit and I could have sued, but that is a little too late now. Do you need more?

8. madi

Sure. I am not sure we will be able to put everything in because it can't be very long, but even if I can't put all of it in you have a really compelling story. You've had to deal with so much.

9. FranklinK

That's only a bit, but awesome take what you need. Hope it turns out well. :slight_smile:

10. madi

Thank you so much for sharing. I will try to do what you given me of your story justice.