1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG Somebody asked me out!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JadedAndFrayed, Dec 17, 2012.

1. and I rejected him. Nice guy, active with pflag, shared common interests. Just wasn't my type. I went out of my way to let him down as easy as I could. He must have taken all this time working up the courage. It's like I should feel a little bad for him, but I really just don't give a fuck...

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that it's better that you were honest up front. I think that doing that now saves you a lot of trouble in the future. Hopefully you guys can remain good friends.

3. I didn't want to lead him on. I said that I still wanted to be friends, but I really don't care if I ever see him again. They say that the best way to meet other people is through LGBT groups and events. Why are there never any younger guys at these events? I'm about to turn 29 and I'm always the youngest gay guy there. It seems like everyone on EC is 13, and everyone IRL is 40+. I feel like I'm the only gay guy my age. I no longer have any interest in attending such events. I see couples, gay and strait, and I'm so envious. I'm feeling very isolated right now.

4. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know that feeling.

5. Renge

umm is age really that matter?

6. SomeNights

Age almost ALWAYS matters or at least a general category, because it kinda hints into where they are at in life and what their state of mind is.

7. fulcrum

Yeah, I totally agree. For some reason, typical gay events are always filled with older guys. Im 29 and the guys around my age either go to clubs or just party at home with a couple of friends.

8. ForceAndVerve

Oh well!

Was age the issue? If so how old was he? If you don't mind me asking. :slight_smile:

9. RainbowBright

Yeah, I'm not too into people who are half my age or twice my age, which is frequently who I meet in these settings too. Age is a definite factor, because even if you think alike, for a serious relationship you need to be in the same place and have the same goals in roughly the same time frame. And if you look like my Grandma, it is just not happening between us - until I look like my Grandma, and that is a long time off yet. :slight_smile:

"Age is just a number" does not work in a relationship, it works for things like how active you are and how you live your life as an individual. All the people who say that about relationships tend to be like 18 - but think about it, are you really ok with dating a 9 year old? I am in my early 30s and I'm not going to be dating a 15 year old - it's illegal, and gross. I also don't want to date someone who's my parents' age. At my age, even 7 years makes a ton of difference, because the person might already have several kids versus no kids at all, or be still in school versus stable in their career. You can really like someone and have a great friendship, but that doesn't mean the person qualifies to be your romantic partner, and I don't feel ashamed to say so.

But, saying you don't care if you never see him again is a tad harsh, unless you think he was only interested in you for sex...

10. "But, saying you don't care if you never see him again is a tad harsh, unless you think he was only interested in you for sex..."

I know... He wanted a real relationship. I just feel like it will be awkward to see him again. I'm tired of being in environments where they want me and I don't want them. I'm also tired of the bars where I'm just a piece of "fresh meat". I don't like rejecting people. It puts me in a really awkward place. Back in my "pretending to be strait days", girls would reject me so harshly and it always shattered my confidence. I hate doing that to other people. Like I said, I let him down as easy as I could. I would rather just be alone than have to constantly reject guys that I'm just not into. It takes a toll on me too...

"Oh well! Was age the issue? If so how old was he? If you don't mind me asking. "

I have a personal policy of never asking other people their age, but he was 40ish. I could be with somebody that age, but they would have to be totally studly, like Daniel Craig. He was just too bashful, small, and lacked studlyness. If a guy is older than me, I want a hunk. Younger, I want a twink (Is there a PC word for twink?). I prefer older hunks, though. I'm just tired of being around couples and people I'm not interested in. It's like the good ones are all taken.

All that being said, I've recently started this long distance thing with somebody I really want to be with, and that's a whole nother issue. I hope something becomes of it. Being gay and desiring true love can be such a lonely existence...

11. FemCasanova

I would not mind dating someone up to 5-6 years older than me, but not that much younger. Mostly because (like some has said) the differences in mind-set and place in life. Their situation is always different, making a proper relationship difficult. It has nothing to do with looks. A lot of good looking women in their 30s or 40s. And I would not date someone younger than me, 18-22, because they have barely started figuring out what to do with their lives, I am almost getting there. It`s too big a difference in situation.

12. ForceAndVerve

I see. Well you like who you like. I don't think I would like to be with someone that much older than myself either. Unless there was something about them that just made me unable to refuse.

And yes to the last statement. Hope your long distance reationship works out for you. :slight_smile:

13. Thanks. So do I.