1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So it's been a year

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FranklinK, Dec 18, 2012.

1. FranklinK

I was in a severely abusive relationship for three years. I left my ex after he assaulted me in the hospital last December and a year later I haven't dated or slept with anyone. I've had too many trips to the hospital and the other stuff that happened shouldn't be discussed on chat. I still think about him daily and I still miss him even though the thought of him makes me angry and hurt. When do you finally move on? I know that I will always love him and that I can't be with him, but when is enough well.. enough?

2. Ticklish Fish

(you look kind of cute lol)
    (also, this post is coming from someone still in closet and have not dated)

time and distance, man.

and also finding yourself new goals and projection that you can maybe forget him.

Sorry to hear what happened with you.

3. PatyR

Oh it must be really hard... I don't have experience in that, but I think that when someone hurts you, you must leave that person behind. I mean, one does not hurt the beloved ones intentionally. You're still young! You have a whole life waiting for you! There's one thing I used to say to my friend: "The time heals the wound, but the scar remains to remind you that something happened there... but it won't hurt anymore, so everytime you see it you will have a big smile on your face because you were strong enough to get through that". So hang in there, pal! Life goes on, and maybe someday you will find a new love; not to forget but to be happy again! You just have to be patient. :slight_smile: I don't know if this helped you but I wish it did! :grin:

4. FranklinK

I haven't had any contact with him and I moved back to the place I lived before I met him. The only contact I've had was an e-mail I got from him telling me he knew where I was living and I didn't respond. But I dunno I guess I'll just give it more time.

5. Ticklish Fish

well, that's good lol.

when you say he knows where you're living, you mean just the city, right? not full address?

and i guess you can focus on your other things now lol, or try your best to

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It will take time... I've never had such a long relationship so I'm not sure how long but I guarantee you're feelings will go away eventually...

Make sure you don't end up back with him ever, though... sounds like bad news :/

7. It can be a while. We tend to get caught up in emotions and remember the strongest things vividly. You can love him for everything he provided, but at the same time have a disdain for all the pain he's put you through. The best We can do is not let it affect Us. It's tough. Any kind of relationship ended badly is going to sting for a long time. Don't end up like a mess like me.

8. FranklinK

He didn't list my full address, but he knows the address if he thinks back to it. I lived here when I met him (he lived in another state) and we both came over to where I'm living now to watch movies with my friend (my roommate now).

I won't go back to him. I know that I will always love him, but what he had for me wasn't love. I don't want to ever be in that situation again.

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2012 at 01:39 AM ----------

Hah I'm already a mess.

9. It sounds like you're doing fine otherwise. I think you're making all the right decisions. Go and enjoy yourself and your independence, and let the right person slip into your life in the most unexpected way :slight_smile:.