1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ears?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MyLifeMyRules, Dec 19, 2012.

1. HEY! god, i have a lost of questions, but whatever! First of all, im not entirely sure if im gay or bisexual or straight or,... i dont know. BUT, i am contempplating getting my ear(s)pierced. all i want to do is put a small gold ring around my left ear, if not i maybe want to do a little black jewel or something like that. should i get my ears pierced? i dont want to "fit" the gay stereotype, but i dont know how to ask my parents... anyway, thanks for reading, if you did, lol :smilewave

2. Pain

Pain Guest

Doesn't matter. There's nothing really stereotypical about getting an ear piercing. Just ask like "Hey [parent], I was thinking about getting my ear pierced. What do you think?"

3. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    do it, peircings are awesome. altho i have none ;_;

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I think earrings stopped being a stereotype for being gay a long time ago. Granted my family still thinks its rather girlish still so I can see where it comes from.

Like said above, just go ahead and ask to see what they say. If they bring the gay thing then you can just tell them it has nothing to do with that.

5. 807

Do it. It's not seen as effeminate or gay clone.

6. i'll ask tonight! further answers will come, soon!

7. BudderMC

Personally, I still see it as a gay stereotype, but maybe that's just me.

But as others have said, get it if you want to get it, not for any other reasons.

8. Greendalehumans

I know tons of people that have various piercings (ears included) it's not really a gay stereotype anymore :slight_smile:
    It's more of a hipster thing, I think.

9. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'm not judging you or anything, but why? I mean...I know lots of guys with pierced ears who are definitely not LGBT. Actually, I'm the only gay person I know with pierced ears. Not even the lesbians I know will wear earrings.

10. Capichino

When I get into high school I'm going to get them perced whare I can stick my finger through them it's going to be AWSOME or mabye just a little ear piercing idk right now

11. BudderMC

Maybe it's just the people I've seen/paid attention to (read: high school), but I couldn't tell you of any notable straight guys that had their ears pierced in my year, except one... but even I had suspicions about him.

I get that it's a stereotype and I'm pretty confident in that it doesn't hold true (as all of you are reinforcing for me), but I guess it's just been associated in my head for far too long. There's really no definitive reason.

12. leer

hope parents say ok just something else that defines who you are:slight_smile:

13. Jordz

I know that some people think the left ear is the "straight" one, the right is the "gay" one and both are "bi".

I'm not sure why people would think that though, I mean i'm gay and i've got my left ear pierced but that doesn't make me straight.
    There are many straight guys with their ear pierced, so I wouldn't say it is a stereotype.

14. i am kinda afraid to ask though...

how would i ask?:help:

15. Salazar

I, personally, find piercings disgusting in most cases, but that's just me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Just ask thats what i did for all my piercings good luck :slight_smile:

17. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

yes, yes they are... do what you want, its your decision, not ours.

---------- Post added 22nd Dec 2012 at 09:39 PM ----------

and if you're thinking about stretching, don't go abovve a size 2 gauge if you want to be able to let them shrink back to standard size.:slight_smile:

18. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should definitely get them pierced if that's what you want. I love my piercings. It's a lot of fun to switch them out and find new styles. I used to have size 12 gauges in my first hole (not too big). Now I wear regular hoops. I also have a 2nd hole in each ear above the first that are a size 16 gauge and a cartilage piercing in my right ear that's a size 18 gauge (tiny size).
    Once you get that first piercing, you might want more. I sure did. :lol:

#18 Anthemic, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  19. Delta

If you want them, get them! Piercings are great self expression, no matter your sexuality! And that sounds really nice, the jewelry you're describing. Piercings are also not permanent, and on your ears, even if they leave a little scar, it's not a big deal. :slight_smile:

Just one piece of advice. Go to a piercing studio, and not to Claire's or some chain store. You have much less risk of disease, and you'll have a better job with the piercing. Never ever ever let someone use a piercing gun on you. Ever. :slight_smile:

I have both ear lobes, and my eyebrow pierced. My ear lobes got pierced with a gun, which wasn't ideal, but they turned out alright. My eyebrow is totally my baby, and I love it so much. I'm just so proud of it. I spent 3 years longing for it, and I love it so much. ^u^

My parents and my girlfriend were both really really against the idea when I first got it, but now they love it as much as I do. When I mentioned that I might have to take it out, my girlfriend told me I can't, and my mom was sad. XD So, yeah. Get pierced.

20. madi

Ear piercings aren't really a gay stereotype anymore in my opinion. There are TONS of straight guys in my town with their ears pierced, granted a lot of them have theirs gauged, but still. It don't think your parents will see it as a "gay thing".