1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to talk to my crush?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wonderingdave01, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Let me explain my situation. The few gay guys there I do like don't talk to me. Basically almost every guy I like is straight and almost every gay/bi guy I know I'm not personally attracted to. I go to school where there are no openly gay/bi guys. I go to a gay center but one guy turned me down.

The rest of the gay/bi guys I'm attracted to don't talk to me. I've had my eye on one, but I don't know what to say to him.

What do I do? How should I start a conversation?

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When becoming a social butterfly, (trust me, I'm an expert at it...) remember that when you're talking to someone, it's all about them! Especially if you've got an eye on them for a relationship! :thumbsup:

When I say it's all about them, ask them about themselves with simple things. Its easier to start conversations when its around the holidays because you can start with "So what are you planning for the holidays?" without sounding too awkward. If you know them better, ask about music, media, interests (mutual or not), family, friends, etc.

Use this structure: Ask a harmless question. Have them respond and get them to elaborate on their answers by asking "subquestions." Then, bring up how you feel about the topic in friendly detail. Then lather rinse and repeat until you're buddies!

**If you want to be buddies, ALWAYS initiate plans. Take the initiative if you really like someone, as generally speaking, others will feel uncomfortable doing so.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^I'm the opposite of her, a mostly content wallflower here. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But you can always start a conversation with "Hello" hehe.

Usually people meet at some sort of function or activity. Just talk about whatever it is they're doing there and relate somehow. Once you learn more, you can always change the subject and get them yammering away at whatever excites them. Whether you're interested or not, people generally like talking about themselves. He'll enjoy the conversation even if you don't have much input, and soon enough you'll be totally relaxed around each other.