1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it not feel like Christmas time to anybody else?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thieves, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Or is it just me?

Usually, I can easily tell when the holidays are coming because, it's hard to explain, but the certain "vibe" that I get from people starts to increase as the holidays get closer and closer upon us. But here it is, Christmas Eve, and to me it doesn't even feel like Christmas is tomorrow at all.

I don't feel depressed, but I'm also not too excited and kind of wish I could stay home and relax. Which I know I'll regret saying, because in reality, I realize I'm pretty lucky to get to spend time with my family and get a few presents. So, I take that back.

But still, I don't know why that is.

2. Niko

No it doesn't feel like Christmas at all.
    I think the years are just going by way too fast. If you think about it, it feels like just yesterday we had Halloween.
    It's just craziness.

3. Mitchell

I want the snow... its hard to feel Christmas-y without snow.

4. Jordz

It doesn't feel like it for some reason, not sure why but it just does. I think maybe its because round here there is lots of rain and floods in places, instead of snow; snow really makes it feel much more christmasy

5. Yamato

I don't feel very christmasy either. Normally everyone has lights up in their houses and everything but there aren't many this year and the shops haven't gone mad with christmas stuff like normal

6. It does feel like just yesterday was Halloween. To me it feels like Thanksgiving did not even come. I blame it on being away from home for school and being so preoccupied with work that these holidays just become "Oh, today's Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas, isn't it?"

7. silkfrog1292

tell me about it.

This year our family has not put up the tree, because my parents are away for work, and I can't be bothered to put them up by myself. I'm going to my grandparent's house tomorrow, but that's it and i'm probably not going to get any presents. Some health issues regarding an extended member of my family also mean we're not in a particularly festive mood this evening

Oh, and I still have an exam the coming Friday, so i'll be spending tomorrow evening studying, as I have done the past week.

8. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    omg this is exactly how i feel

9. Sal

Sal Guest

I have midterms and a few finals right after break. Been spending too much time stressing and not enough getting into the holiday spirit.

10. Bolin

Right now, it's rainy and dreary, which is something I don't normally associate with Christmas. It's been this way for the past week or so.

11. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I feel the same way, it's just... it feels so typical and generic.

12. wandering i

This is the first year I won't be going home for christmas, and no presents will be exchanged. Things have changed...

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

To me it especially does not feel like Christmas time. I guess it's since it's my first time going through a holiday season without being in school, there was no vacation time to work for and look forward to, Christmas just kinda showed up. Plus I'm just overall depressed about a lot of things and not really in the mood for holiday cheer.

14. Greendalehumans

It seems like every year it seems less and less like Christmas :/ for me, at least.
    Although its snowing now where I live, and I'm going to a Christmas Eve family party so it's begining to feel a lot like Christmas!

15. Deaf Not Blind

same!

i grabbed a predecorated mini tree out of storage not lighted, plop on the old tv.
    not wrap stuff i gave mom, she gave me gift cards. i sent out 4 cards, got 2 back.
    i think it maybe because of my coming out...things are different.

16. redstormrising

it doesn't feel like xmas to me because the aftermath of hurricane sandy seems to have swallowed up at least a month. feels like we skipped right over halloween this year, and then everything that follows has been off-kilter

17. wandering i

I'm glad to hear you made it out okay, redstorm. Things'll get back on track.

18. Nemo39122

It hasn't felt like christmas time to me at all either. Part of the reason is I'm in southeast texas and it's been even hotter than usual...normally its in the 50s-60s for christmas but its been in the mid 80's for quite some time. I've been so busy with work and school that christmas just snuck up on me, so that's another reason. Another reason is my brother started law school this year and wasn't able to visit until the 21st, he used to be here a couple weeks sooner.

19. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Maybe for you, you Christmas lost its "magic." I think some people eventually looks at Christmas as just another day because they do not have the same innocence, appreciation, and idealism that they had when they were kids, especially when the challenges of life made them cynical, that, and a couple of misplaced logical views.

20. still dont feel like xmas :confused: