1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sister mentioned emptyclosets??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheUndiscovered, Dec 25, 2012.

1. TheUndiscovered

My sister mentioned this site today and I'm kind of confused..I've never discussed the site and the only time anyone has seen it is when my mom may have walked in and I would change the site. I'm just private with my things.

She asked about my computer password and said "It's probably emptyclosets or something." I know she said it so I could know she knew about the site. I just think it's kind of odd that she knows what it is. Is there a way that I'm being tracked or something? My browser always deletes it's history because of chrome's incognito.

2. Deaf Not Blind

Apple computer? My mom's computer can track my laptop, downloaded stuff see it, but I don't know that she can see where my history is. I suggest you try a search and see if you can figure it out. Or just beat her up? :wink:

3. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second this.
    Not really, haha. But I guess it's always an option.

Does she seem like she KNOWS about the website or maybe she THINKS you're closeted and she may know the website from say... A friend? It could be like "Oh, you have a shaved head. Are you a skin head?" I have a feeling that doesn't make much sense.
    What I'm getting at... Is does she know you use it? Or just an assumption?

4. Merino

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is she good with computers and networks? :wink:
    You can set your router to log the sites which have been visited. If that log is active, it will also log if you're in private mode.

5. spiderweb

spiderweb Guest

not knowledgeable about computers here....but in high school, my friend's dad (he was pretty good with computers) would look through the server logs and monitor what sites my friend would visit

6. TheUglyBarnacle

Maybe she googled the term "emptyclosets"? XD I mean, why would she set up something to monitor your internet activities? :?

7. FemCasanova

Sounds to me like she has picked up on it, and wanted you to know that she knows. That is just what I think though. She probably is not spying on you or anything. Could she have peeked in and looked while you had the page up, if you left it going to the toilet or something?

It would be my first guess...
    :slight_smile:

8. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    My dad used to do this when I was in high school. He never specifically told me that he did, but he used to make random comments about websites I had recently visited, especially the rated M fanfics I was reading. lol. If he still does it when I'm home for the holidays or summer then he hasn't said anything. Honestly, I don't care anymore if he finds out.

In terms of your sister she may have walked into the room when you had the window open on your computer and saw it before you could minimize it. Alternatively, she may have found some way to track your history even though you use incognito. Do you visit EC on your phone? Maybe she took your phone and snooped. My brother always tries to do that. Anyways, I would take the fact that she mention EC as an invitation to come out to her.

9. TheUndiscovered

I'm out of the closet to my sister and mom so I guess it's not a HUGE deal but I just don't like knowing they're going behind my back and looking at my private things. I'm often warned that my computer will be taken to a technician to get all my history because I'm so secretive xD It's not because I'm doing bad things I just don't share my shit especially with my family. :confused:

---------- Post added 25th Dec 2012 at 11:22 AM ----------

I also make sure that my windows are down and computer is signed off whenever I turn away from it...Since she's in college I don't think she could snoop through my phone. I'm probably taking this out of context, she could be looking at it now! lol. I hate losing my sense of security. :frowning2:

10. GingerGuy

I'm a computer idiot, so I really have no idea of how she knows besides the most predictable alternatives (peering when you weren't looking). But at least you are out to them, so there are no worries.