1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vloging

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

If you haven't heard of it I'd basically like blogging except with YouTube. Now I've known a few people to do this abc I was thinking about starting in the new year.

What do you guys think?

I'm trying to find ways to build confidence and just general vent stuff out there and talk about stuff and blah blah blah.

Do you think it's a good idea?

2. it can be a good thing but many people receive hate, if that happens you just have to remember the nice people.

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Hate... Can't be avoided regardless of it being YouTube or not. I'm just unsure if its something I'd be good at doing or not

4. ForceAndVerve

I don't see why not, people get pretty famous on youtube for just ranting/talking about their lives or current affairs etc.

Just remember that it will take some time before you get a decent number of views so don't quit early, keepa t it. Don't just throw video's out, go for quality, not quantity. And like flyin said, be prepared for pleasant and nasty responses.

Good luck and send me a link to it if you do decide to give it a go! :grin:

5. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I will. Not sure what I'd talk about but some planning and I might get there. I'm gonna do a bit research on ones currently out there

6. Deaf Not Blind

Deaf do it.

But Idk...venting gays are irritating to me.

Do it about multiple topics, not venting just cool stuff you like can do think...and some venting inserted time to time...that would be fine.

---------- Post added 25th Dec 2012 at 03:55 PM ----------

set it so comments are not directly posted until u approve them.

7. Colours

Note: It's not just on YouTube. The V in vlogging stands for video. Can be on any other site, but yes, most are on YouTube. ;p

I've considered doing it myself, but I decided not to. It's not like I'm scared of the hate but I'm the kind of person who will quit early because I get no/little views or subscribers and I'll feel like I have those videos up on YouTube for nothing at all except for the rare viewer who (in my mind) will be like lol dafuq is this. And thus I'll end up deleting them because I'm going to be embarrassed. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. caughtbywitness

Ive done it before and it's been a success, I'm hoping to do it more regulary and with a larger audience now I know what works :slight_smile:

9. ForceAndVerve

If you want a bit of inspiration here's some channels that I check out every now and then:

danfromuk - YouTube
    MikeyThePlatypus - YouTube
    Jim Chapman - YouTube
    Jack Harries - YouTube
    Charlie McDonnell - YouTube

Not all of them are gay, and yes, some of them have some pretty amazing editing/intro/graphics but ignore that for now. Just look at what sort of content they are doing and see if here's anything that you can see yourself doing.

10. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

I think you should definitely try it! I've actually been interested in starting it for a while, but I want to wait till I'm in college so that I have some more life experience/interesting things to say.

Also, from what I've seen a coming out video or it gets better video will receive more views than most others.

Are you just in it for yourself? Or do you care about how many views you get?

11. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I'm not bothered about the amount of views. Of course lots of views would be nice but its just for me now. See if I actually have the guts to do it

12. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Whoa

Mine will be complete crap. Aside from the intros which most of them don't have. The talking and the way they are is something I cold never do.

Plus I probably couldn't stick it... I dunno. I mean I can only make the vids when my parents are out and trying to explain vlogs to them would be like talking to a wall of 'huh' faces.

13. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only downside you need to prepare yourself for is the really, really nasty comments you get on Youtube. Brené Brown talked about this when she had an article on wholeheartedness and shame on CNN. She's a licensed therapist and researcher, and *she* was crushed by all the negative and rude comments... and Youtube is even worse than CNN.

So while I'm sure you'll get plenty of positive feedback, you just have to prepare for the people that, no matter how worthwhile, wonderful, and valuable your vlogs are, will only be looking for something rude to say. These are horribly unhappy people who would never do such a thing in person, but feel perfectly happy doing so anonymously (or near-anonymously.) Forewarned is forearmed.

And, just a quick reminder: You won't be able to mention your Youtube channel, or link to any of your videos on EC, except in PMs to members, otherwise you'll violate our security policy.

14. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Don't worry. I know