1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of tramp stamps? (Tattoos) gay men

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Dec 26, 2012.

?

Tramp stamps sexy?

1. Yes I think they are really hot and sexy

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. No I think they are ugly and useless

25 vote(s)
    73.5%
  1. Alexander69

So I'm looking at getting tattoos on my pelvic bones like ASAP and I want to know if the majority if gay men find it sexy it not? I want to stars in each pelvic bone that area.

2. sguyc

They are called tramp-stamps for a reason. There are sexier places to get tatoos if you ask me.

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely not sexy at all and a turn off.

4. mreddie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just see it as that person has "been around," not a virtue if you ask me. I'm all for tattoos though! I love OTHER tattoos.

5. FemCasanova

Hm, I have a tramp stamp, and I have definitely not been around. I don`t really get why it is called that, unless the person wearing them is also constantly wearing his/her pants down too low and their underwear shows like constantly. But then it is the combination of badly dressed and showing off underwear that makes it look trashy to me. I love pelvic tattoes as well as lower back tattoes, because it is benefitial with making me look skinnier from behind, rofl! Plus the back is a nice empty rather big area where you have tons of room to put something cool.

I will say though, that I think pelvic/lower back is more chick places for tattoes. It won`t do the same to a male body. A tattoo draws attention to the area on the body that it is placed on. For a woman with a narrow weist, a tramp stamp tattoo makes the narrow waist more obvious. For a guy with great biceps, having a tattoo on the arm will make that more obvious. What part of your body are you happy and proud about? Shoulderblades are good areas for tattoes, and would make your shoulders seem wider. Or, if you really want the lower back one, the tattoo could run from mid back and down lower, on one side, or across the back from one side to the other.. Hmm.. crap, now I want to plan my next tattoo, lol!

Why the stars? I actually have a bigger issue with the motive than the placement. Stars are very simplistic, non-impressive tattooes. The guy who tattoo you won`t have much of a challenge, and I don`t get how stars are satisfying considering how much money you have to spend on it. Like hearts. To me, that kind of tattooes seem to signal that the person just wanted something, so they took a random simplistic shape. That`s just my opinion though, and I get that people have different tastes! So, no offense :slight_smile:

6. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Undoubtedly not attractive.

I'm not a big fan of tattoos as it is, let alone having one in the area you mentioned.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (a) Why on earth would you want a tattoo known as a "tramp stamp", if you do not want to be thought of as a tramp/whore/promiscuous/whatever?

(b) It's good that you're asking these questions, but it's even more important that you not do things solely because of what others think. Remember that you've spent a large portion of your life being indoctrinated that image, appearance, and various other shallow, cosmetic things are the only important aspects of life. So before you even consider getting *any* tattoo or body modification, I'd spend at least a couple years getting to know yourself better, and continuing to rid yourself of the ridiculous pretentiousness that your mom holds so dear. Once you have a chance to really find out who *you* are, you'll be much better equipped to make good decisions about whether or not to get tattoos, and if so, what sort of tattoos to get, and so forth.

8. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Terrific advice, as usual.

9. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your body is your temple - decorate it as you see fit.

Personally, I think body art can look amazing if it's the right design in the right place.
    On someone with a ripped abdomen, and a clear, defined, sexy V shape leading to the pubic area, well a good tattoo there can be extremely sexy.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what other people think, it matters what you think, and if you want it, then you go for it.
    If people judge you because of it, well, sod them, it's your life, for you to experience any way you see fit, and if others want to judge you because of a tattoo, then you're not losing out on anything if you don't pay any attention to them.

10. toaster

I think guys with tattoos are hot. But hey, do what you like, you don't need to know what others think. The question is, do you really want it?

11. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you shouldn't care about what other people think of it. I get why people call them tramp stamps, as I don't find them particularly attractive either, but who am I to judge someone based on one tattoo. If you really want to get one (and I'll get to this in the next paragraph!), get one. You're not getting it for them, you get it because you like it.

That being said, tattoos are something you should really think about a good couple of months before you get any, IMO. Think about what the reasons are for wanting one, think very carefully about what kind of tattoo you want, how big, where, etc. And, -- even though I think it doesn't matter what other people think of it -- realize that some people may judge you for certain tattoos on certain parts of the body.

Also, you're still young, and you're gonna change a whole lot. What you think you really want now, even after a couple of months of good consideration, may be completely different from what you want a couple of years from now.

So with all that, I'd suggest you at least wait a little longer before getting any tattoos.

12. Alexander69

Lol my mom doesn't want me to get one I've wanted one for sooooo long on pelvic bones I want 2 stars on each one. My mom thinks I should start spray tanning again :/ she's lol "you are to white you have Italian in you you should have olive skin but you got more British in you and you are too white"

13. leer

dont mind them tbh dont have any my self .
    I have a friend who has a snake tattoo down the whole of his back and continued between
    his arse cheeks think thats going a bit to far .

14. Pain

Pain Guest

Tattoos down below? Quite the turn-off.

15. Bolin

No, I'm turned off by tattooing in general. I have no clue why someone would want to permanently draw on themselves, knowing full well that the drawing will NOT look the same once they start getting older. :lol:

I prefer people au naturale anyways. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. ForceAndVerve

Where's the third option: "I don't mind/care."

17. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I was pretty sure she wouldn't be in favor. My point is, your entire values system is based on her warped, shallow, pretentious way of viewing the world. So you really can't make any good judgments until you're well away from her influences.

And this would be a great time to thank her for her input and tell her you're perfectly happy with the way you are, and would appreciate it if she'd keep her opinions about such things to herself.

18. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't find it a turn off b/c I'm not close minded enough to care abt these things.

19. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's fair to level an accusation of closed-mindedness towards people who find something unattractive.

20. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :shrug: Neither agree nor disagree. If it said something like "Sign In Please", then yeah, I'd probably have an issue with it. :slight_smile:

Lex