1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does a relationship mean to YOU?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shannon, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Shannon

Shannon Guest

To me, it is not ALL about the looks. The physical stuff may be nice and I agree that physical attraction is certainly a factor required in a relationship, but to me, it is about the connection. The things that make UP that person. Being there for her(or even him if that is where you steer), offering a shoulder to cry on and just spending time with tht special someone. When it come to relationships Itak the matter seriously. I may be thirteen years of age but I can be oh so mature when it is required.
    What are YOUR VIEWS?

P.S Hi.. I am new here.:icon_bigg

2. Renge

a relationship is when you can talk about everything and there's no distance between you and your partner. Who cry when you leave, not leave when you cry..

Oh, hi! And welcome to EC :slight_smile:

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

It's certainly not all about looks, but my philosophy is this: Looks will get you in the door, but it's personality, emotional connection, shared experiences and values, and dedication and commitment that will keep you from getting kicked out. So looks definitely play their part in the whole process, but they're far from the most important part.

4. ForceAndVerve

First of all, WELCOME SHANNON! :grin:

Oh yes, I tihnk this is probably the best way to explain it. Except, my current crush was the opposite way around. When I first met him, I didn't think much of him looks wise. I didn't think he was ugly, but I didn't think he was anything special or interesting. Then I started to get to know him, and the more time I spent with him the more I realised just how cute he was and now I'm just completely smitten with him. :icon_redf

#4 ForceAndVerve, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  5. timo

Seems like a great explanation. I should say I've never been in a relationship, but judging from crushes my experience is like this: a guy's looks make him catch my eye, but his personality and the connection we have is what makes him attractive to me.

6. Shannon

Shannon Guest

I agree :slight_smile: