1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel your age?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paul_UK, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Do you feel your age? In other words, do you think your outlook etc is typical of people your age, or younger, or older?

Is it fairly consistent or does it vary a lot?

Also have other people commented on whether you act older or younger than your age?

I'm not talking about looks. I'm talking about character, outlook, etc.

2. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Most of my friends have noted that I look a little bit older than my age (16). But, when they see me act, they seem to comment that a 10-year-old is much more mature than I am.

Oh well, at least I know I still know how to have fun! (!)

3. sexyalex

i feel my age. ik don't look it but i feel it :slight_smile:

4. Bader

Bader Guest

Well i feel like 2 years younger mentally

5. Jeimuzu

I feel in my mid fifties when I'm debating, haha! I debate like an aging academic.

Otherwise, I feel a bit younger than I am, y'know? Feel like the world's rushing me into stuff.

6. divadarya

I'd say I'm about 30% consistent with views/outlook of those my age(56), otherwise people say I skew much, MUCH younger. Both have advantages and disadvantages...
    *I like being older in the sense that when people start to trip out on some crisis, I've probably seen it, been through it and know to just stay calm and wait it out.
    *I don't have to believe in conspiracy theories(thank God)
    *I have a much younger view on music than some people half my age. I can still worship Jimi Hendrix as a god without having to be one of those excruciating people who think that the only rock is "classic rock".
    *I have great skin..thanks Grandma, mom and aunt Lee!

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, not really. I've never had an overly-tragic experience, no one close to me has died yet, but I feel much older than I am. Speak and act older. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I was raised around adults more often than people my age, so I picked up on those habits first. I've always gone to public schools, but most of my early childhood was spent around my aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I have a more serious outlook on life than other people in my age group, my sense of humor is a little darker, and my thought process is a little more complex. I still get comments about how I seem much older than I really am.

8. Defender

Defender Guest

Sometimes I feel a lot older due to the stuff I have been through over the last several years, othertimes I feel really young and playful, and that others would think i'm an idiot :grin:

9. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel as if I was 80 or so most of the time :frowning2:

10. Ty

Ty Guest

I feel a bit older but then at times i just want to act silly =] IDK ~ what do you think?

11. KatoKumi

Let's make this into a fun and games thread [:!

And I do feel my age every so often, but I a majority of the time, I feel I should be older.

12. I don't really feel my age. I feel mentally like I'm in my early to mid 20's and my outlook is that of an adult most of the time.

13. Arfic3r

Arfic3r Guest

^^ same here

14. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Hmmm, I feel older often and younger sometimes. Idk, it depends on what I act older and younger about=)

15. Phantasma

I generally feel my age, but I've been told by teachers that how I think and process deeper meanings and similar things is advanced for my age, considering I haven't had that many life experiences yet. But that's only when I'm all moody and contemplative. When I'm just having fun and fooling around I feel my age.

16. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel both younger and older. Mentally, I can be both but physically I would say I feel older than I am. :confused:

17. Time

No, and I never really have. I've always felt older, and I've always been told that I'm a lot more mature than most people my age mentally and emotionally.

18. Wired106

I know I look my age. 16. Not older though. But I definately act older than my friends I can tell because I'm way more mature (most of the time). I read somewhere that gay teens often mature way faster than heterosexual teens. I can definately tell that I matured faster than them though because sometimes when I hang out they are complete idiots and act so weird sometimes but they are cool lol and that's why I hang out with them. (*hug*)

19. Phantasma

That's definitely how I feel a lot of the time, when around my friends. Sometimes it's just like, so stupid and immature what they do that I just want to tell them to grow up. But, I don't.

I can imagine how a gay teen might mature faster, in certain situations, because they face a lot more in terms of accepting themselves, and the "problem" (and I use that term lightly) or being gay in an often heterocentric school or community.

20. EthanS

EthanS Guest

i dpnt feel my age ^_^ i feel younger 2 years younger mayb