1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you call it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MatthewJS, Dec 26, 2012.

1. MatthewJS

Im gay but i dont mind dating a bisexual or transgender. What do call a person that dates transgende, same sexual orinentation or bisexual?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You didn't actually say much about gender there, but I'm going to go with pansexual. There's a whole thread about the difference between pan and bisexual, but pan is a prefix straight from Latin meaning "all". It more accurately means that whatever a person is has no affect on your ability to date/be aroused by them.

3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never heard a name for that other than gay. I don't think the orientation of your interests has a name, just the sex and/or gender, not a well known one at least.

4. Daniel

When I was seeing a gentleman who happened to be ftm, I still went with gay. I am attracted to more than the sex, but the male gender as well.

5. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, transgender means you *are* the gender you identify as, so you would still be gay.

Edit: 666 posts.

6. Daniel

And in case I misunderstood, in what you call yourself is how you define it, since I am by gender a male and am attracted to the male gender, I call myself gay. Ja? Ja.

7. Hexagon

Just open-minded, mainly. A lot of people aren't willing to date transpeople. If you are a gay man and you date a transguy, you're gay. However, if you date a non-binary transperson, that would fall under the realm of pansexual.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The term for what you call someone who dates trans* people who identify with their gender or preference is "not an asshole." Pretty technical, I know.

9. FemCasanova

Hmm.. I have wondered that as well, because though I am sexually into women, I have dated MtF in the past, and was fine with that. Not sure I would date a FtM though, because then technically they are men, regardless of whether or not they still have a female downstairs department, and though at the point where I start dating them, they might still be feminine in appearance, they`ll become more and more masculine, and more off my preference with time. Which means I guess that I am not a pansexual, nor really bisexual (except I can be slightly biromantic), but really identify more as a lesbian. I really do prefer women in every way.

I hope this post is not offensive in any way, I was just airing my thoughts on my own experiences. I know a lot of FtM people who are in my gf`s gang of friends, and they are great people. I would hate to accidentally insult any one of them, by saying that I wouldn`t date a FtM. It just would not feel fair to either of us. The person would be in transition into becoming physically who they really are internally, and the gender they are internally is the gender I cannot have sex with, so regardless if I liked the person, it wouldn`t work in the long run. I am not attracted to male mannerism either, so, if a person is too butch, even if it is a female, it does not quite work for me. I am a lot more attracted to femine movements, gestures, etc.

10. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Sounds like pansexual to me. I like girls and ftms but if it came down to it I would also possibly date a guy or mtf. I like people for who they are more than what theyve got in their pants.

11. MatthewJS

Thats how i feel! I dont care whats in their pants as long there are FtM. I just want people to be happy.

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2012 at 11:51 AM ----------

Or as long they identify they are male.

12. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think pansexual would mean you were also attracted to the opposite gender. Since you are not, you're not pansexual.

So I'd say you're gay, and just quite openminded.

13. MatthewJS

Ok! Thanks everyone! That explains to me a lot! Thank you!

14. animequeen567

If you are attracted to ftm transgender, males, and bisexual males, then you are gay. You are just more open then other people.