1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omg someone added this picture in instagram im so mad

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Alexander69

2. :frowning2: Are these kind of things allowed there?

3. MidnightOwl

Here is my personal opinion. All though I understand that it is painful and upsetting. I too suffer from the fact that I am Pangender. However, at the same time I believe no matter all parts of you are open to criticism in humor. Personally, I find that image humorous it cracked a smile from me. I laugh at aethism jokes despite being an aethist. I find the best thing to do is find the humor in the slightest things. As I said my viewpoint is not of the masses and I may get a lot of hate for this. But I don't really see it as that offensive. Learn to take the joke, shrug it off and move on.

4. Alexander69

I can take alot of things from people but I can not handle these things I feel like they are meant to make fun and degrade us using it with such a stereotypical thing like crying also..... It's been along time that gay and lesbian people have been fighting for equality and these things are just meant to degrade us. I feel the same way about jokes about woman women have been fighting for equality for a long long time and little jokes like there that may sound harmless some will take it seriously and little kids will read that and remember it and say these things and view them as harmless so how can we expect out society to change? We need to put a stop to these kinds of things ASAP

5. MidnightOwl

I think everyone everyone, gays, lesbians, genderqueer, pangender, blacks, cristian, muslism, aethist, etc. Is under the scrutiny of humor. Negative or positive. It's a freedom of expression that we cannot take from people.

6. MatthewJS

OMG!! Those people are so immature! We are all human beings!

---------- Post added 29th Dec 2012 at 03:43 AM ----------

So there is no reason why that person did that!

7. Alexander69

A freedom of expression to hurt and put others down? I'm all for freedom of speech and expression but whn it comes to putting ones beliefs, cultures, ethnicity, sexual orientation etc down I'm not going warm the bench. These people can go ahead and write it it doesn't mean we have to publish and read it. If we expect our society to change lets start with these little things first ad the rest will follow.

8. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

These sorts of things make me mad as hell too!!!! :tantrum::tantrum:
    I fully agree with you, on everything you have said here!
    I can also handle a lot of crap from people, and just society in general; with all the degrading things they say, post, and do, to make everything even more miserable and difficult for us gays and lesbians. But these sorts of things just cross the line with me, and they make me really angry! :***:

9. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yes we can.

10. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sort of agree.

I mean, it's not like the one who made or posted this is necessarily homophobic him or herself. They just posted a picture that depicts a homophobic dad, in kind of a funny way, really.

11. MidnightOwl

Sometimes, humor is the only way to blanket the truth. Becuase if someone said something outright, that person would be scrutinized themselves. The Daily Show is the perfect example of using humor to give truth in a dosage people can take it as. English is an ambigous language. You could take the joke from the negative side, that there father is negatively critcizing his child for being a faggot. Or you can take the joke from another aspect, that the father openly accepts his child for being gay and is just asking him to not lie on the reasons why he is actually crying. My dad doesn't care if someone is LGBT, but he still says things as "he has some sugar in his tank". Which I find rather humorous. Just because I am LGBTARB [lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, robot, alien, beastility] friendly doesn't mean that I can't laugh at jokes or laugh at things about said subjects.

12. Alexander69

I see what you mean it could also be showing how straight men are homophobic also Ina way I guess it's an easier way of showing the truth and the dark side with out causing drama I guess. But still it hurts me to see people find that funny

13. Deaf Not Blind

yup. they used to mock blacks...oh wait the had another name...darkies! No, it was just in fun, right? Not fun. it incited some to more violence and personal disrespect.

if you saw the mocking of NYC mayoral interpreter for deaf during the hurricane, it shocked and appalled our community. oh, just laugh, it is only for fun. no, we have been oppressed and our language was not and IS STILL NOT considered a real language and respected by many. it is dangerous.

so, should i say jokes now about faggots? is it funnier and okay? I never liked the girls at church saying that is so gay...oh they claimed it is okay it is spelled geh. Bullshit, you can't see what you say...it is to say something bad or gross is same as a male homosexual and you know it! and i was a very conservative not-pro-gay person...and never made fun of gays. It is not funny. i got great humor...stuff like that is not cool.

---------- Post added 29th Dec 2012 at 05:03 AM ----------

freedom of speech yes is protected...this however should not be tolerated. simple...whoever makes it and posts it, you block and unfreind etc...they will get the message if they lose all friends for it.

14. MidnightOwl

A joke or a picture like this is how you perceive it.

Perception is your reality.

@Blind Deaf: I am a creative individual. I write horror novels and have lived a long life of being censored. Because people took my freedom of expression away. Expression is not a problem. Actions have consequences. And that's why we shouldn't take someone's expression away. Because what you express still has consequences to them.

15. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed. I make gay jokes, my friends make gay jokes, my gay friends make gay jokes. That's why it's called a joke. Now I agree if my dad told me you've been crying because you're a faggot, then that's downright insulting, and yes I would be offended by that and wouldn't think it was funny. But this is a picture; it depicts something. It's not actually happening. The idiocy of it is what makes it funny.

16. MidnightOwl

Agreed. And so elogantly more put than me. ahaha.

17. Alexander69

I agree there is a difference in freedom of speech and expressing your phobias to degrade others to express them in a negative way to convince others to take your side and laugh at it. It's absurd and disgusting that we allow this. I live in Canada not the US we have different laws and I think that Canada should be the first to ban such things to make a bill that states that you will still have your freedom but you do not have the freedom to put others down. We can not expect our society to change unless we make it. Meaning the people fighting for these things to be changed and confronting the parliament about this. I'm certain I speak for a majority or LGBT people when I say thinness things should not be tolerated not matter am what context they are in.

18. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    tbh i'd rather have no freedom of speech & not have to put up w/ shitty 'jokes' like this.

19. hmph

hmph Guest

i agree with MidnightOwl, just take things in stride and move on. it frustrates me sometimes to see stuff like this, but getting all bent out of shape over it is no good. some people's humor is offensive, daniel tosh, chappelle, etc. but like MidnightOwl said, it's all in their freedom of speech.
    if they went directly to a homosexual and called them a fag and told them to kill themselves, well, there's a problem.
    i dunno. i don't let things like this bother me.
    i have been called a fag to my face by a complete stranger but it doesnt really bother me. jokes on them. come any closer and try to harm me and you'll be sore for days. but otherwise, i just don't care.
    maybe im just really apathetic about it, but, idk. it's irrelevant to me

20. Lewis

It only bothers you because you let it bother you. Who gives a shit? It's a caricature that some morbidly obese, sweaty teenage troll that spends most of his life on his computer probably made with nothing else better to do than degrade others to make himself feel better.

The problem is, we do sit and feel sorry for ourselves and give others a reason to believe we do. Just shrug it off, it takes much more than that to offend me.