1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support/Social Group

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Hey Guys,

Just recently, well before Christmas I managed to find a gay support and social group in my local area. I did contact them, via E-mail and with it being the Xmas/New Year period and things being busy we both agreed on both ends that it would be best I get in contact with them in the new year.

The person who contacted me said you would like to meet with me one on one at the offices where this social/support group takes place and discuss about support and social groups.

However I am at a lost at to what to say. I know I need support of some kind with all my issues, just check my threads, and with my confidence issue as well as meeting other gay people.

What should I tell him?

2. Onyxknight

Why not? You reached out to a support group, they're reaching back. Sounds like it has some promising potential for you. If you're just really unsure about it, tell him you're still very uncomfortable with the idea or whatever the case may be. Let him know what's going on. He's gonna know you have acceptance issues, you're reaching out to a support group. Just let them help.

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I wouldn't say I gave acceptance issues but I definitely have issues, just read my threads I was just wondering how to explain to him my problems or do I just list them off haha

4. leer

no harm in going along is there? anyone who goes would have had various problems in life.
    maybe you could help some of the others who attend the group. also maybe meet new people at the group . what have you to loose .