1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chick'fil-A: Opinions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BubbleGumNinja, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Opinions on Chick'fil-A

1. I like the management and food.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. I only like the food.

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. I personally don't like it...

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. I absolutely hate Chick'fil-A!

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. Personally, I respect the owner for being honest in his interview. I'm sure a lot of company-owners and celebrities lie about their views on homosexuality. He was asked, and he answered truthfully. He only said it once, anyways, it's not like he runs around and says he hates gay people. He doesn't agree with gay marriage, and no more. Besides, I like their chicken. :thumbsup: What do you think of the business? If you really don't like the management... do you like the food?

2. nixxus

california, not the coast. more inland than that
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i think the food is gross, personally.. i could care less what his stance on gay marriage is. his opinion affects me not at all.. but his food needs an upgrade

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had it since there aren't any around me, but I wouldn't eat there anyway since I don't see the point in giving money to someone that is against you.

4. jvn95

They are always very nice clean, I love the food too.
    I just wish the owner wasn't against gay marriage.
    Can't please everyone.

5. The food is Enjoyable

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree 100%. I don't see why so many people got butthurt over his opinion. He was asked, and he gave an answer. It's not like he started a hate crime. The food is awesome and the people that work at my local Chik-fil-A are always very nice.

Do I agree with his opinion? No. I think that people should be willing to marry whoever they want as long as they are human, mentally stable, and of age. I do believe in God, though I do have my doubts every now and then because I am human and I have OCD (The Doubting Disease). I do not believe that being gay is a choice. And whether having a relationship with someone who is gay is a sin or not, this world is full of sin and people should not judge. Getting married to the same gender is not hurting society. If the world could just focus on the bigger picture and try to fix what is an actual problem, then everything would be much better.

tl;dr :dry:

7. Bolin

Before the whole thing came out about the head of the company supporting gay conversion camps or whatever, I still didn't like Chick-fil-A. Their food gives me really bad heartburn, and it tastes mediocre anyway.

8. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    WHAT?! They do this?

9. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    & fund organisations that started the death penalty for gays in Uganda

10. prism

I ate there for the first time a few weeks ago aaand it was awesome. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

People only care about the Chick-fil-A debate because it was blown up by the media. Tons of other corporations directly contribute to 'Anti-gay' groups, while countless other indirectly contribute to these groups by monetarily supporting GOP candidates that vote against gay marriage.

I have many oh-so-socially aware friends that refuse to eat at Chick-fil-A, but continue to raid the racks of Urban Outfitters, who sold anti Proposition 8 shirts and whose founder contributed to Rick Santorum's campaign.

11. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What the hell... Send me a link where it says this, please.

12. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
  13. I don't know any information regarding the conversion camps, although I doubt that he supports them.

14. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Chick-Fil-A's charity organisation donates to organisations such as Exodus International [who run gay conversion therapy camps] and the Family Research Council, who support Uganda's views on gays. [essentially supporting the kill the gays bill]
    source: Christian Right Leader Lauds Uganda Dictator as 'Kill the Gays' Bill Is Revived | Alternet

>Breitbart.com
    lel

15. Fiddledeedee

Chick-Fil-A Donated Nearly $2 Million To Anti-Gay Groups In 2010 | Equality Matters

The FRC is a registered hate group. They lobbied against lobbies against the Ugandan Kill-The-Gays bill. (Link is to Wikipedia as the direct source is a PDF file. CFA supports FRC supports death penalty for homosexuality, although the FRC later released a statement saying they did not support it.

See Exodus International in the list above -- it's a gay-to-straight conversion therapy group. Although the president of CFA may or may not support that ideal, he did knowingly donate to them.

16. wickerpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really don't care if people eat there are not. I don't really judge. But I will never eat there. I just can't eat there knowing where my money is going. Dan Cathy saying what he said was fine, like whatever, free speech and all that jazz. But donating money to those horrible hateful organizations? No... and then people attending this Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day were so twisted. It's not about free speech at all. This was never a free speech or first amendment issue. It's not good to donate so much money to hate groups. It's safe to say that I will never eat there. I think I only ate there once or twice a few years ago and I didn't see what the big deal was about the food. It's not bad or anything, but please. I've had better sandwiches. I don't care if they say they are still donating to these groups or not, I'd rather not take the risk that they are. I'm not eating there again and won't miss it, but hey, if people like the food it's their business. But let's face it, 95% of people who eat there regularly hate the gays =/

17. MerBear

Well , I only like the food but I don't want to eat there if I'm just adding more money in his pocket to give to organizations like that

---------- Post added 29th Dec 2012 at 01:34 PM ----------

I don't :frowning2:

18. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I've gone through the list of companies that also support anti-gay groups. There's really no avoiding it. I've even seen sites where it says that Chik-fil-A has ceased donations to anti-gay groups. I'm choosing to go with the flow and just hope that one day equality will be a top priority to most.

19. wickerpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly, I could personally care less about him saying he's against gay marriage. It's not a big deal, lots of people are and I don't see why so many people rushed into this whole culture war. Like fast food day in support of "free speech" and kiss-ins? Welcome to America. If it was just him saying that in the interview, I wouldn't care and might eat there again someday. But it's much more than one man's opinion to me. Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day was horrible. I heard Chick-Fil-A even threatened to donate ALL the money they made that day to anti-gay groups. I know people who support gay rights and eat there, and I could care less. But human rights are much more important to me than fast food. I don't agree with mayors not letting Chick-Fil-A being built in their cities, that's a bit far. But I will never willingly buy their food. I'm thinking about vegetarianism, anyway.