1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grizzleybear33, Dec 29, 2012.

1. grizzleybear33

2. SkyDiver

I tried once, but I wasn't motivated enough and eventually I lost interest.

I've heard that it's really hard.

3. Adarya

I've heard about this a few times before, and I'm convinced that I've done this without even realizing it fully. I always vividly remember most of my dreams and I've had times where I've known I've been dreaming within my dream. I normally do this "lucid dreaming" apparently right before I awaken, where I know I should get up, but I want to remain asleep and dreaming. I sometimes change my dreams to keep it interesting, so I don't need to wake up.

4. returning

I do! it took forever to learn though

5. grizzleybear33

Did you just do what they said to do in that article?

6. unbreakable

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Couldn't have said it any better. My favorite ones are where it feels like you're flying and can control where you go.... Dreams

7. 6ix

6ix

If you're seriously interested I suggest buying Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. I read that and a few other titles some years ago and they really helped me understand the mechanics of sleep and projecting. I have lucid dreams all the time, even now without effort.

8. grizzleybear33

Sweet I just downloaded it and I will read it tomorrow :slight_smile:

9. Throwawayy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ive always been a vivid dreamer, and i can recall 3 lucid dreams. I can even remember exactly what i did in those dreams.

10. grizzleybear33

The last dream I remember is like a week ago. There was on time where I knew I was dreaming but I didn't do anything about it. I was scaling up my living room wall and I was like this ain't real but then I just rent like nothing was up.

11. Wndy

Wndy Guest

I usually remember my dreams, and they occasionally happen to be lucid.

Over a year ago I tried to lucid dream more often, and had some success. Unfortunately whenever I tried to control the dreams I would wake up...that only happened a couple times before I gave up. I guess I wasn't determined enough.

---------- Post added 29th Dec 2012 at 09:54 PM ----------

That is now officially on my reading list. My reading list that is already too darn long. :icon_bigg

12. 6ix

6ix

Mastering Astral Projection: 90-day Guide to Out-of-Body Experience (by Robert Bruce) is also a good read. It's more structured for readers who are practicing projection/lucid dreaming as opposed to just reading about it. Astral Dynamics has better information, but the guide is easier to follow when it comes to application. There are a lot of good books on the topic but Robert Bruce simplifies concepts and explains everything more coherently and systematically than most in my opinion. A lot of people who write on this topic are kind of eccentric and their work is more like a stream of consciousness which can make it harder to grasp.

The StumbleUpon picture is a very, VERY simplified representation of some menial steps which can help you get "out of body", but is by no means even close to a complete guide that would actually work. The easiest way to learn how to have lucid dreams (or take it a step further and project) is to saturate your mind with relevant literature and keep a dream journal. I didn't even keep a dream journal to be honest..reading was enough, because there was enough repetition for the information to sink in. The hardest part is... to not try so hard. If you're excited and have high expectations it will generally overpower the level of tranquility and repose needed to concentrate.

Just my other 2 cents before I quietly slink out of the thread. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. SunSparks

Lol, I'm too lazy to try to do this plus I dont feel the benefits are greater than costs xD

But I did know this one girl who was practically obsessed with this...all she talked about was flying in her dreams xD

14. Suffocation

Are you fucking insane, lucid dreaming is better than anything you can ever do.
    You can't say that unless you have done it before.

I lucid dream once a week, mainly because it is pretty difficult, and i haven't been focusing lately, on it.
    I recommend it to everyone, it is just an insane experience. Everything is so surreal, you do things you would never dream of.
    Like soaring through space, watching the sky morph before your eyes.
    Your conscious is so much stronger in lucid dreams too. Everything is in better detail, your 5 senses are pretty much increased, and much more stronger.

Lucid Dreaming: The Art of Conscious Dream Control

I really recommend you try this out, research it, etc. It is just, so amazing.

15. Pain

Pain Guest

I've lucid dreamt before. I've never tried controlling it, but so often I've been aware that I've been dreaming. Almost each time I remember my dream, it's because I know I have been. I should try to manipulate it sometime... :wink:

16. KeanusGuitarus

East Australia, in NSW, quite a while from Sydney.
    Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I didn't ever learn, sometimes I just noticed that a dream was a dream, and then I took control, but sadly it hardly ever ended well, and I would lose control of it at the worst times.