1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top/bottom and Personality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hello1992, Dec 30, 2012.

?

Are you a top/bottom and how dominating are you as a person.

1. Exclusively Top - Very dominating/confident

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. Exclusively Top - Neutral confidence and domianting

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Exclusively Top - Timid/not very confident

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Top & Bottom - Very dominating/confident

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Top & Bottom - Neutral confidence/domianting

25 vote(s)
    28.4%
  6. Top & Bottom - Timid/not very confident

14 vote(s)
    15.9%
  7. Exclusively Bottom- Very dominating/confident

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Exclusively Bottom- Neutral confidence/dominating

21 vote(s)
    23.9%
  9. Exclusively Bottom- Timid/not very confident

16 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. hello1992

This poll was kind of inspired by ifei's thread ''who do exclusive bottoms exist''. The thread basically is about whether their is a relationship between your top/bottom preference and how domineering you are. I am curious and thought about testing this.

Bottom: prefers to be the giver
    Top: prefers to be the receiver

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top,_bottom_and_versatile

#1 hello1992, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  2. leer

Thanks for the poll thread I did see the other thread mentioned . anyway am what`s classed as versatile I like a bit of everything as long as it dont hurt lots.:icon_redf

3. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i'm versatrile but prefer bottom & super shy :x

4. PurpleCrab

I chose : Exclusively Top - Very dominating/confident because there was no option like Top who occasionally (rarely) bottoms -Very dominating/confident.

I guess it would have made the poll a bit too long :icon_wink

5. Tim

Tim

I can't answer this, and I don't really want to explain that. xD

But thought I'd comment that you have the first post reversed in what top/bottom means. >_>

6. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Personally, I hate the labels top/bottom.

Sometimes I feel like the guys who claim they are strictly tops are still dealing with issues about their sexuality. It's like they kind of compromise in their own heads, "Okay, I'm having sex with a guy but I'm being the man part so it's okay". To put it another way, it's the 'macho' thing to be a strict top but being a bottom makes you the 'bitch'.

I also feel similar about 'exclusive bottoms'. Some guys when they come out of the closet seem to feel the need to fulfill every stereotype that exists about gays. And a lot of times, people believe that gay guys are only bottoms that are only into sucking or getting f*cked in the ass.

In my opinion, versatile is the way to be. I only want to be with another versatile person. It's twice as much fun. :slight_smile: Some people have asked if I prefer top or bottom...and to be truthful....I love both equally.

7. LilNug

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't agree with your opinions AT ALL! Sure, being versatile is good and all and most likely works for you and your partners, but it's NOT FOR EVERYONE! I, myself, don't think I've ever been aroused from the thought of topping or dominating someone. It just doesn't work like that for me an. There are also guys out there that solely identify as top and I've dated many (whom were all out and confident with their masculinity btw) If someone wants to be with me, they will pretty much be the dom. If their not the dom personality/role, it will not work out and that's not me being shallow. It's just me being honest and real. I find it awkward and NOT ME to be top or even versatile. I'm not a fake person so I hyst go with the flow and be with people who suit me and vice versa.

I think it's awfully pretentious and self righteous to assume that being vers is the only way to go. Sure, the terms top/btm/vers may serve to stereotype, but when it comes down to it, I'm honestly not interested in topping a guy or doing both (feels awkward for me and I really don't want to do it), therefore, I'm only going to seek guys who suit me. I'm not going to date someone and lie about enjoying sex with them when it's not the way that I like it.. and all of this goes far beyond the bed. I tend be happiest and mix best with a more dominate personality. That's just the way that it is. I can't just magically become versatile like you are.

#7 LilNug, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  8. Bree

None of the above?

Exclusively bottom - Submissive/Neutral confidence

I don't think that the options are quite right--one doesn't need to be unconfident to be submissive--in fact, it takes a huge amount of trust to let someone else take control of you.

9. LilNug

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with these points. I can be quite bossy at times in everyday life (depending on who I'm around), but once I'm between the sheets, it's a whole different story lol

#9 LilNug, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  10. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would love to be top, but since I havent had any sexual acts with another man, I wont be very confident.

11. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

When this does become a reality for you, and you do get to experience how amazing, beautiful, and incredible it is; to be inside another man....your confidence will build!
    :grin:

---------- Post added 24th Jan 2013 at 09:02 PM ----------

I am completely versatile! :grin: I personally believe in being balanced in being a Top, and a Bottom; and I love to give, and receive. I love being equal in a relationship, in all aspects.

12. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I voted versatile neutral confidence/dominating.

I'm definitely more of a top, though, the only reason I bottom is because my boyfriend prefers to top as well.. gotta make compromises. I'm pretty confident in bed, more so as a top than as a bottom, simply because I suck at it lol. I am "dominating", though. Or maybe in control would be a better way of saying it. I'll be "submissive" once in a while, sort of roleplaying I guess, but it's not what I prefer. I prefer us both to be on the same level.

13. Madeleine

I don't understand why those words top and bottom are used.

14. FruitFly

Interesting.

People have described me as being fairly confident and some may say dominant (if aloof), but I always view myself as being the more submissive partner in most relationships. Whilst I'm not so set in my ways as to be a complete stick in the mud about it I do find taking the more dominant role uncomfortable in a relationship. I can, and will, but it's not something that suits me my preferred dynamic.

With my recent ex I found the fact she expected me to be sexually dominant very uncomfortable as it's not something I am naturally inclined towards. My personality does not allow me to take charge sexually and for it to feel natural, I have to act and if I'm acting then whilst I'm fulfilling the role I'm (selfishly) not getting anything out of it, and I doubt they're getting as much out of it as they would from someone who naturally embraces that role.

With that said my interpretation isn't based on whether I give/receive, it's purely the personalities involved and how the energies interact.

15. im between two.
    top&bottom. im okay confidence and sometimes im timid.
    :s

16. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm kind of a stick in the mud and enjoy being rough, tough, dominating and confident and I could imagine that being translated to sex, but at the same time I can be a fairly timid individual who wouldn't mind if my girlfriend showed me the ropes and took charge.

I guess the best option is "Top & Bottom - Very dominating/confident".

17. IrisM

I don't know if I like the terms top and bottom, but with me I am very shy and lack confidence. Also, I'd place a much larger importance on the happiness of my special lady than my own happiness.

I'd probably be the sort of person to give her what she wants and ask for/expect nothing. Possibly even more comfortable with receiving nothing, as I am now, and her being Dominant would be lovely.

18. Niko

Top and bottom with neutral confidence. I can't see myself overly dominant but I'm not submissive either. xD

19. photoguy93

I love how so many guys assume we know, like we've all had constant sex.

I chose the last one because I'm at such a loss of confidence with guys. It is crippling. It's much easier for guys to be bottom (I think) because it doesn't take as much confidence and you don't need to be as experienced.

But what do I know.

20. MerBear

i have a top personality , i researched into my behavior (not sexual) and found out that i have a dominant personality