1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being the Closet Key

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Throwawayy, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Throwawayy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone, I just stumbled upon this tvtropes page and it got me thinking:

Closet Key - Television Tropes & Idioms

Has anyone ever been that one person who helped someone come out of the closet in real life? I had a friend like that, and I'm still very thankful for her support. I think it would be a great accomplishment if I was able to use my experience and knowledge to help someone I know come to terms with their orientation.

So I guess this is just me asking for a nice "story time" about real-life scenarios in which you helped someone come out. Did you end up together in a relationship? Friends?

(and i realize this is somewhat of a silly post since, after all, this is emptyclosets.com)

2. Suffocation

Nah, I don't know anybody LGBT.
    Well, I have one friend who is Bisexual, but I am not that close with her.

3. 341

341 Guest

I've helped one person come out, and know multiple people still in the closet.
    In fact so many people have came out to me, that I'm bored of replying with the same stuff to help them feel secure; I have to stop myself from saying "Yea... I really don't care.". lol

4. returning

I love tv tropes! But no, the only LGBT person I know is my neighbor, and he scares me.

5. Nightingale

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My friend actually helped me come out, so I guess this sort of applies to me.
    He was in a bad relationship with his now ex-girlfriend, which ended in him coming out. One week later, I came out to him and we couldn't be any closer now.