1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you find EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Delta, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Delta

How did all of you come to find our lovely little community?

I'm just going to be honest here. I was googling whether it's okay to identify a lesbian and have a celebrity crush on a man, since I had the biggest celebrity crush on Chris Hemsworth. And I still do, for that matter. And this EC thread about opposite sex celebrity crushes popped up, and I made an account for the purpose of replying to that one thread. :lol: Yes, it was silly. But I ended up staying, because I like it here. :slight_smile:

What about you?

2. unsuspecting

I don't remember fully but I looked up something I needed advice on and I found this forum so I created a account because I want to be more "in depth" with my sexuality.

3. I found out about it on a Wikipedia article of another forum.

4. Fiddledeedee

There's a link here from the bottom of Wikipedia's page on Coming Out, which I followed. I had spent a few days frantically researching anything LBGT-related, because I knew almost nothing and was confused and scared.

5. Nyanko

I looked up advice on confronting religious/homophobic parents about possibly liking girls. I was using my iPod so I had no clue where I even was lol. But I liked what this forum was about and how it made me feel hopeful about getting more answers so I joined.

Nah, just half kidding. I joined because of the forum's name.

6. Given To Fly

I googled something like 'coming out support', and EC was at or near the top of the list :slight_smile:.

7. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I stumbled across it. I was looking for a site that would let me vent my feelings and I found it!

8. Average Joe

Think I read about it on another forum. It was months ago...

9. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It was mentioned in a LJ post in a community I'm a member of.

10. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I googled something, although I don't remember what, and found EC. Seemed like the exact thing I needed to get answers to my questions.

11. Deaf Not Blind

i had just googled TRANSGENDER, likely wikipedia article i read 1st, and know that was my lifelong issue. then I saw EC, there was somebody writing about their issue, i read it and wanted to comment on it anonymously but dang it i had to make a user name. so i did, and posted comment, and then searched and found more, never did go to the 1st time poster welcome forum.

i began here under a different name, and although i posted my threads and comments as a transgender person, i did not come out as to me being MTF or FTM until much later. it was about 8 months ago now. i went from know nothin, to coming out to mom and all my college, dressing male, having a packer, and going by a slightly different name. 2012 was good year.

12. I pretty much googled LGBT support and stumbled across this forum. Which I love.

13. Bolin

I was looking up *ahem* something else on Wikipedia and saw Empty Closets mentioned in the article. I lurked for a few months before I finally decided to join.

14. Aielar

One of my friends told me about Empty Closets actually, and I'm so glad they did :slight_smile:

15. aspiecarer

I found it via goggle looking for gay men with aspergers and it got me a link to this forum.

16. Tiny Catastrophe

I googled something like "coming out support" or something like that because I was at the point where I was still questioning and kinda freaked out about the whole thing. I found EC, made an account and have been here ever since lol. This site has been so amazingly helpful and the advice and people here have gotten me through a lot of tough times :slight_smile:.

17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I searched for "LGBT forum" and bam! Here I am. I've been a member of a few in the past, but they weren't nearly so active or full of such pleasant people. This place really is nice. :grin:

18. Kay

Kay Guest

I was researching something for a writing project and happened upon the EC and it seemed interesting so I decided to see what it was about.

19. Adarya

I was looking for LGBT friendly forums a couple days after I started talking to my school counselor. She said it would probably help for me to try to talk to other people who are in my same situation, as well as those older than me that have more experience. I finally came up with the idea of searching for a forum and only after searching for a little while I found EC.

20. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    I was googling quotes about being gay because I was confused and scared and struggling with my sexuality. I was looking for something that would make me feel better. I found EC, got interested, and joined on a whim, which is totally unlike me. I never looked back. Joining EC was the best decision I could have made.