1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

telling mom today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Deaf Not Blind, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

Hi!

So when i came home mom didn't recognise her boy. I mean i dress male now. I told her around Christmas I prefer Kat or David. Today we discussed transgender men and women she met.

I have done all but say I'm transgender, use only male pronouns, call me son, I may take those horemones myself!

What I had today was calm, open discussion. It was beautiful honest and rational not emotional. Ive never had such a good day with her. I feel more loved and love to her, as we are devout Christians and she obviously cares abt me not my gender expression or sexual orientation. Love is what Jesus preached and we were raised to love God and everybody. Im so happy that churchy peeps didnt infect her.

I keep thinking an old hymn...God hes so good so good to me, Jesus is Lord, He answers prayers...hes so good to me .

Looks like i will be out at home and school soon, lost very little, gained so much joy, and will begin 2013 as an honest gentleman.

Here is my peace to share with all of you my Queer brothers, may your new year bring you the same blessings I have received.

2. grizzleybear33

The one and only thing on my list is to come out and you, my friend, are my inspiration. I am also a good christian and my mom is also pretty open to non straight people but I haven't worked up the balls to come out to her. Will you tell me how it goes so I have some idea what to expect. Best of luck to you :slight_smile:

3. Deaf Not Blind

Hey a fellow Washingtonian! No problem! I will post on EC all updates as they occur.

My mom told me honestly she is predjudiced against blacks, asians, and such but is struggling wanting not to be. I would not concider my mom to be a gay supporter, but then also not a hater. I had an older gay cousin whose mom forbade him to tell us...gramna said to me she didnt care he had HIV she loved him and was furious at her daughterinlaw.

Im not in contact with that evil stuck up side anymore anyways. So having mom say she's willing to call me any name I like, and will try to remmy means more than she knows. But YOU know!

My church has all sorts of democrats to repiblicans in it. Its not perfect but humans aren't. I think twice since 1999 our head pastor mentioned gently he reads it says homosexuality is not a good thing to practice so we should try not to do it. Only a few sentences no hate sermon. So I go to church wearing mens clothing and dressed in new Calvin Klein black leather loafers Christmas. Nobody says anything bad but mom was introducing me as her daughter and i was embarrased.

If you ever go south, visit New Heights Church, maybe not pro gay rights but no gay bashing either! Hope I can be a good role model for you my Brother in Christ! God bless you.

4. grizzleybear33

I have never been to Vancouver but if I end up going to U-Dub then I might find my way down there. Both my parents voted for R-74 so they will be accepting whenever I decide to come out. But now that I think about it I think they voted for it because they suspect I am gay and didn't want me to feel unwelcome.

I go to a Jesuit school and I had a discussion about gay marriage with one of the priests that teaches here and he is very surprisingly not against it. He didn't directly say he supported it but he said that he doesn't see why all people don't have the right to get married. His and my views of it are somewhat the same because we both say that you can get married without involving the church in it but if/when I get married I would like it to be viewed as valid in the Churches eyes so hopefully stuff will change in the near future.

I go to Mass through my school so it is geared more toward my age people so the presiding priest doesn't really involve the really boring stuff in the Homily's. What denomination are you?

5. Deaf Not Blind

Cool!

I attend what was a General Baptist denomination. Formerly it was called a Swedish Baptist as they started it in the States. However because of assumptions abt all Baptists being same: not dancing is one not true: we removed the label. Every year oue pastor sees if we are obeying God. This year he removed a common Baptist idea that you must be baptised Baptist or rebaptised. If you are a Catholic and christened and fel it is your true baptism you dont need rebaptised to be member now! I cheered. This is why if anyone can find the truth abt if homosexuality is not ok it is him! I feel in time God will give him evidence that will change the church stance on it. Idk why i just have a feeling.

I got to visit several churches with friends, and one is a Carmelite nun now. She was quite a tomboy...more than me. So have been to Latin mass and had ashes on Ash Wednesday.

Just now I texted Deafies happy new years, and to an extreemly effeminate asian boy i had come out to privately at school. I told him abt today...then i told him of EC! Why, even though all my privacy is on here...cuz he just told me he thinks he's transgender too! What a blessed ending to my year of changes! I am overwhelmed by love, joy and peace!