1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay couple represented on tv during the countdown to the new year! (hope restored)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Asari, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I celebrated my new year with my parents who I'm still not out to. I think my mom knows, she's asked my sister if I have a girlfriend. (PPL are starting to suspect since I'm 22 and have never had a boy friend)

..Anyways I was watching NBC and usually after the ball drops they show couples proposing to eachother. These couples are almost always straight. (Then again gay marriage hasn't always been legal in New York)... Anyways the news lady tapped on the shoulder of this adorable couple- two gay men who were googly eyed over eachother. My dad made a comment like "they are obviously gay" and laughed. But I ignored him. The news lady smiled and asked "did you just propose to eahcother?" They smiled and said "YES!" and gave eachother a quick kiss. :kiss: The news lady congratulated them and then Carson Daily (the host) congratulated them. Even though my mom and dad were there I couldn't wipe the huge grin off my face. I got really teary eyed and I don't care if they saw.

I have made it my new years resolution to come out to everyone this year and I felt like this was a kind of sign. I know that's cheesy but it was the encouragement I needed. It was a great note to start my new year on! :slight_smile:

#1 Asari, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  2. ameliawesome

Re: Gay couple represented on tv during the countdown to the new year! (hope restored

yay!

3. MrAwkward

MrAwkward Guest

Re: Gay couple represented on tv during the countdown to the new year! (hope restored

Awww, good for you! :grin:
    May 2013 be a great year for us all!

4. MixedNutz

Same resolution here!

5. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Thats beautiful! :slight_smile: what a motivation! Good luck!!

6. CTJ

CTJ

That gave me a great big smile just reading it, so i can only imagine the smile you had from seeing it. You've brightened up my hangover, thank you :grin:

7. Adarya

I saw that too! I was watching with my parents and my dad made a gagging noise when they kissed and then made a homophobic comment, but I managed to ignore him (I haven't come out to my father yet)
    :grin:

8. ameliawesome

i always wonder, why do "homophobic" people bother to express it all the time? like, he could've just kept quiet lol. good for you for ignoring him, though, no need to fight with dad first thing in the new year :slight_smile:

9. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Glad you saw that too! :slight_smile:
    I think my dad makes stupid comments like that because he is trying to detract from the fact that he is uncomfortable.