1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid homework

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TKM, Jan 1, 2013.

1. TKM

TKM

Just found out I have to read 12 chapters of this book tonight! What?! How to get through this extremely boring book, any tips on not falling asleep while reading?:bang:

2. MerBear

well i have to do geometry. you want to help me?

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There really are no tips to be given. It's just something you have to do and get it over with. :shrug:

4. MidnightOwl

If you have to do a book report, you can always change the assignment for your fun. Pick out details and points of why the book is boring, etc. I have done it like that. To make school assignments more fun I use to twist around the assignments. Like if they said "write about heroes" there is no detail in that, nothing I can write about what I think a hero is and isn't. So I wrote an assignment about how there are no heroes.

5. BudderMC

I LOVE geometry!

(unless it's trig identities, then no way)

6. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't really think of any advice to give you other than to take a five minute break after you've read each chapter.

For me, I retain more of what I read if I get up for a couple minutes rather than just read a bunch of chapters with no breaks.

7. TKM

TKM

Haha sorry I suck at geometry!

8. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

Skim it. Take note of details that seem more important and read more thoroughly about those. You're more likely to retain more than if you try and read all 12 chapters word for word. Or at least I am. Good luck.

9. SunSparks

I second this! I honestly could not get through that so my best bet would be to skim it. I know I will fall asleep - even if its a book I enjoy so I always make sure thats I don't read too much. But in this case - since you don't have a choice, its better to get an overall feel and - if you have time - one chapter or so that you just know it really well, than just to know 4 chapters really well and have no clue about the others.

BTW - high school geometry! Sure :grin: My teacher was SO crazy but fun. And my calculus AP teacher also helped give a really really great understanding of geometries.

10. caramba2654

Homework? That isn't a word for me until February. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: