1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Report Cards...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BubbleGumNinja, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Currently, I'm in 7th grade. In Spanish, I had an average of 99 last I checked, although I got a 42 on ONE test, but I'm still kind of worried. I don't even know when I'm getting it, although I'm still kind of concerned. Wasn't sure where to post this, and yahoo answers is never helpful... anything to make me feel better? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (They didn't tell me what percent of my grade it was.) Please move this if I posted it in the wrong section. Lol, thanks. :slight_smile:

2. kiltrout

kiltrout Guest

Forget about the number and focus on learning the material. Best of luck!

3. Thanks, and I've made it in my best efforts to learn Spanish, but I flunk any tests that involve translating sports.

4. shaadhdhah

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it was only one test, I'm sure you'll be fine. You're fortunate that you understand the material so well that you're doing so well otherwise! :slight_smile:

5. GayJay

Yeah its just one test. If you concentrate on the mistakes and work on improvment rather than what score you got. Your only in 7th grade dude, its no big deal, youll be able to get back on average score in no time with a little work.

6. Thanks all. I freak out when I get a 79 on anything, nevermind an F. :eusa_doh:

7. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry about it - it's not that big of a deal, as others said.

8. SunSparks

Yea - high school is good that way... each test isn't worth 25% + of your grade! But really, don't worry. One test isn't worth worrying about - esp since its all done and over with.

9. caramba2654

My school is very weird about grades. We only get the grades bimonthly. And we don't know the grades of the tests. We only know the final average. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

You should be fine as long as you're good in everything else like homework, classwork, behavior. I have chemistry, and it's hard for me when it comes to tests, basically I've failed all the tests given, I failed the final term exam, but yet I still got a 90, that's because I did great in everything else. Some people aren't good at tests, or memorization, so as long as your teacher knows you try hard, and you do good in everything else, then your grade should be fine :slight_smile:

11. Deaf Not Blind

I freak out when i F a test too. However i got all As and a B+. I think that class teacher should bump us all up a notch cuz several tests included topics not yet taught!

12. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You will be fine.
    I am probably going to get B's on my card. It just means higher average.

Grades from Middle/Junior High, don't matter as far as as I know.

13. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

I know what you're saying. I'm in 9th grade, and I'm freaking out, because I have 3 c's for the first time ever. They're in honors English, Latin, and biology. I'm doing OK in history, and my best class is geometry. This is all wierd for me cause my best is English normally. Either way, I know I understand all the stuff, I just psyche myself out and screw up tests. Only problem is my parents only wanna go by numbers, so my 3 c's are getting me in a shitload of trouble.

14. Deaf Not Blind

your parents TG are jerks then. if you are in HONORS it is hard, it is up to them...be supporting parents that praise their kid or be machines that expect efficiency...a eugenics idea.

15. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And I would argue that they don't matter as much as some people think in high school, either.

I was a very average high school student. Yet, I still managed to get accepted into a good university, and I have a very high GPA (guess a couple of my high school teachers were wrong in saying I could never be successful, huh?). I'm not encouraging high school students to be completely lazy and not care about their grades. But there's no reason to get really stressed and put a ton of pressure on yourself, either.

Being just OK in high school isn't the end of the world.

16. Pain

Pain Guest

That's the damn truth yo. ^