1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling in work sick

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Closet88, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am one of those people who never gets sick! It is very rare that I have to phone in work sick. Yet for the 3rd time in 7 working years I've had to do just that today...

Despite having an ear and chest infection as well as a bug and feeling generally lousy I still feel terrible about phoning in sick! I will probably worry all day now that I've let people down and that people at work will think that I'm not sick! It's so annoying being like this. I wish I could be sick without worrying! Does anyone else ever feel like this?

2. Deaf Not Blind

no.
    i have had a lot of illnesses in life, and stayed home.
    why?
    cuz peeps like you go to school and work and give to me, and i get very very sick with same bug for 1 - 9 months...no exaggeration, i got one bug from somebody at school and missed my graduation and was sick all summer and got well in fall.
    stay home, don't go to stores or on busses, stay away so others do not get it.
    you are not serving others well if you spread it...even if you are pretty fine, if you are contagious, you should NOT go out.

New thought...since you are gay, some other gays have lowered immunity, and you don't want to compromise their health right? so you have a real good incentive now to feel honorable by staying home until not contagious.

3. SunSparks

Awww, I'm sorry honey. I hope you feel better soon :slight_smile:

Anyways, I always feel like that - you're not alone. Of course, I'm still in school and I haven't actually been sick enough to not be able to go to school (worst was just a cold). However, whenever I did miss school for other activities during school, I still felt guilty. The only thing I could do is pump in more energy than usual once I got back to sort of say - ok, I'll make it up by doing more work! But, if you are sick - then you are sick. There is no way you can go to work so simply get some rest, try to put the worrying away for later, and get better.

4. Capichino

Feel better soon I once had strep and I freaked out like OMG what if ppl think I kissed my freinds becase just a few days before she had strep except I was gone well longer lol

---------- Post added 2nd Jan 2013 at 12:34 AM ----------

And no we did not kiss me gay she is not

5. Deaf Not Blind

oh NOOO!! You musta kissed HER GAY!! Why why why!!!

6. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha Deaf Not Blind you've just made me laugh. Thanks for cheering me up :slight_smile:.

Thanks for the get well soon wishes guys!

7. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I can't stay home from school--too much work, I fall behind.