1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poker face

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hello1992, Jan 2, 2013.

1. hello1992

Sitting at home yesterday, my relatives on skype began the awkward conversation of marriage and the ''right type of woman'' i should marry (FYI my parents are Asian). They were asking whether i liked white british women (they obviously want me marry an Asian), and i was like "no of course not" while in my head i was saying "no, because i like boys instead".

After a fairly long conversation, i realized i was becoming a little upset, and could have been crying on the inside until i realized that my face was completely straight with a smile on. Turns out i have an excellent poker face. My friends have picked up on it actually while playing poker and said that it is sometimes difficult to read my emotions.

Have i been so wrapped up in hiding my true feelings from everyone that i have become an expert at it? All these lies i guess have required a poker face. Funnily enough i am proud of my ability to do so.

Does anyone else find they have become exceedingly good at lying? Any fellow poke faces out there?

2. MrAwkward

MrAwkward Guest

Lucky you! Whenever I'm asked a question about women I get super awkward but it seems like nobody notices? I have a terrible poker face. Have you ever played the card game Cheat (or Bullshit)? Every time I lie I end up laughing my face off.. :/

Oh and hi-5 to also being a 20 year-old gay male Asian! :grin:

3. Average Joe

LOL at that!! I know the feeling so well.

I avoid any kind of situations that would actually require me to lie, so I can't say I'm expert in it. What I usually do is not tell the truth instead. And yes, I have a poker face. You can hardly tell any emotions from it. Though, unlike you, I usually don't have a smile on. My friends got used to it eventually and now they joke about it. Like, if they are hanging in a pub and I come in, they will say "Hey, Joe and his famous smile are here!" or something along the lines. Now, my family is a different story. They know I don't smile without a good reason but they still ask me if everything's ok everytime they see me. It can be annoying.

4. hello1992

I guess you probably think you are more awkward than you actually are, or they may just think you are too shy to talk about such things? My friends think i am so they dont ask too often. yeah i've played it. In a fun situation i'm not that straight faced, but when its required...

haha thanks. Thankfully i live in London rather than Pakistan :s

5. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

My poker face doesnt exist! I am a dreadful liar! I show exactly what I'm thinking