1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like a straight girl?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gaygirl, Jan 2, 2013.

1. gaygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone have any advice for me on what to do if im finding myself liking a straight girl?

Please help a fellow lesbian!:dry:

2. Renge

same problem as me! :/
    i would just love her while waiting for someone new

3. Kay

Kay Guest

Move slowly and be friendly. That is how it can start. Be friends first and only after time introduce the love interest. If you move quickly she will bolt like a horse from fire usually. Just be loving and slow in building to the point of attempting to make her your lover. Hugs and good luck

4. That1gurl222

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just be friends at first and when the time is right tell her how you feel and everything. Best of luck to you!!!

5. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Be her friend. If you haven't already, tell her you're gay. Then the ball is in her court. But most of all, be her friend and accept that she is straight and there is nothing either of you can do to change that (unfortunately for you I know).

It's one of those things we have to learn to deal with. Straight girls are straight just like gay girls are gay.

6. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    been there, got back, got the t-shirt, as said in previous posts, not much you can do about it but wait for someone new that is hopefully gay as well

7. gaygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am already friends with her and i am openly gay with everyone. She is kinda a tomboy and we always joke with her and tell her that she is an undercover gay but she just laughs. She did say that she has thought about a girl before but doesn't have "fantasies" about girls.

8. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I keep holding out hope that she'll turn! And then we would live happily ever after! Haha But that rarely happens. I basically just burn with desire for her until a new girl comes along and is gay so I can actually do something about it!!

9. Kay

Kay Guest

It is time to than to share your feelings and see where it goes. She is already your friend and knows you are lesbian. I would begin to share how I felt a little at a time.

10. gaygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have began to hint at things a little and told her that she will make someone very lucky and happy one day and she said thanks and basically told me the same went for me as well. I'm guess im kinda dancing around the topic with her cause im scared of rejection.

11. Kay

Kay Guest

Of course you are afraid of the rejection. That's always a fear. It sounds to me like you could begin to say more. Something like you are my best friend or I really like you a lot. Perhaps a compliment on her outfit, hair makeup, or whatever. It tells her you are focused on her in ways others may not be. I don't believe she would hate you if you came out and said I really like you a lot. She is does not reject you now.

12. gaygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also dont want it to be awkward or not be able to hang out with her anymore if she doesnt feel the same :/ It makes me wonder if it is worth possibly losing her over. I compliment her time to time but idk if she just thinks its in a friendly way. I guess im trying to tell her without spelling it out to her lol. But maybe thats what i need to do.

13. Kay

Kay Guest

It is a scary thought coming out to someone you like and maybe love. You don't want to see the relationship fall apart. If you tell her how you feel is it not possible even if she does not have those feelings that she will be flattered by your feelings. Even if you do not build a relationship in the romantic sense it could make the bond deeper and intimate in other than a sexual way.
    You are doing the correct thing. You are trying to say hey I really want to be with you in a coy sort of way. There is nothing wrong with that.
    In my relationship my partner was waiting on me to discuss romance first.

14. MidnightOwl

Well I'm pansexual. I don't identify with straight, gay, etc. And I see myself as male and female. I see myself as embodying both gender roles. She accepted who I was and we're together, me and my partner of six months. So you know don't be afraid, as everyone has stated if she is the right one, the perfect one, the one whom loves you back what you are and who you are won't matter in the end it will be what you two build together emotionally.

15. gaygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    youre absolutely right... and i think it would kill me more to wonder what if than to be rejected by her. thank you for being so supportive! :slight_smile:

16. MidnightOwl

That's the injection of crack love pumping through my system, lol.

17. gaygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for being so supportive it means a lot to have support and input from others! Should I just be up front and honest about my feelings?
    I wouldnt even be sure how to approach the topic without scaring her off :/
    Sometimes I feel like she is playing like she doesnt know cause she may be avoiding it cause shes doesnt feel the same way but then at times if i talk to her and hint at it but say idk how to say it she will be like... "just try"
    I suppose sometimes she seems interested but i dont wanna be just making this up in my head

18. madi

I have the same problem as you. Although I think I'm still stuck in the "aquantance zone" I sit next to her in all of the classes I have with her and compliment her often..., but I don't want to creep her out so I don't do it everyday. I am pretty sure she knows I'm bi because my friend told her he has a bi friend who has a crush on her, and I am in GSA and out to anyone who brings up the subject. I just wish she was gay or bi :frowning2: I keep hoping that she is how I was and thinks she is straight because she likes guys, but she really likes girls too and hasn't come to terms yet. I am just enjoying time with her at the moment, but also holding out hope....Maybe not the best idea though. After we hang out a bit more I may tell her how I feel, but I don't want it to make things awkward. I know she isn't homophobic or biphobic because her little brother is bi/ maybe gay (he's in 8th grade) and she is in GSA. Even still I worry. With your situation I think you should tell her. If she does the whole "just try" thing again then say "I really like you" or something along those lines.

#18 madi, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  19. Kay

Kay Guest

I would be up front and just say you know (blank) I really like you and it is beginning to grow beyond just friendship. Nothing would make me happier than to take you to the movies or dinner or whatever. She may not feel the same way now because she does not know your attraction. If she is a friend and hangs with lesbians and is a tomboy (so to speak) I would say your chances are pretty good. If she were dating the captain of the football team I would not advise this approach.
    If she is not dating or going out with someone I would say your chances with that approach are really pretty good. She may well say yes to a movie or dinner or something. If she does than you can express yourself more deeply. Hugs and lots of luck

---------- Post added 2nd Jan 2013 at 04:37 PM ----------

I would recommend the same thing to you as I did with gaygirl. It is about slow and steady. If she is already close with you and you express an attraction you probably have a good chance. Dinner or a movie or whatever feels comfortable. I would stay away from the kiss at the door though. LOL that may be a bit much for her on a first time out.

20. Salazar

Well, there's really not much you can do. Just be her friend, and you never know, she could be bi. There's nothing but hope really. Just hold out until someone else comes along.