1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this the real me?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

So

This thread may get a tad long but I feel I need to ask this questions because I'm curious and its bugging me a little.

So to backtrack a little in June 2012 and came out the closet afters years of questioning and debating, I finally did and was supported all the way and to be honest, nothing has changed except I'm not hiding anymore. However I've noticed a few, slight changes, that hadn't realised were there even though they might have been there all along.

So I'm not obviously gay. I have little things that may give it away and since I came out, these things are more obvious and I'm not gonna list them because it would be a big list and I don't want bog this thread down with a list.

Another thing is I have thing for Disney. Not all Disney things just certain items. Things I seem to be liking is the film music from the classic animated films such as Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, etc etc. I like the cups from the Disney shop as well the new villain Designer figurines (They call them dolls but there not and that gets on my nerves) and I'm getting one for my birthday but I always have the, is it too girly thing, in the back of mind when getting stuff from the Disney shop.

I just worry what people will think and since I came out my love of things that I mentioned is more obvious and partly because I don't care since I'm out

Of course there are other things as well but I listing them would be a bit much. Maybe liking Glee could be one but I'm not sure on that one.

I just seem to be liking things that normally I would have gone "ugh" to and I'm just wondering whether this is REAL ME????

So is it?

2. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Who cares what people think?! I noticed however that when I identified as a lesbian, I was definotely getting into stuff to fit in that I'd never had much interest in before. Like flannels! Now I love em! Every experience molds and shapes you. And if you enjoy these things who cares if theyre 'gay'?! Its totally fine

3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd say you're no longer unconsciously censoring yourself to avoid being discovered.

Can't remember where I read this recently but it went along the lines of
    "What you think of me is really none of my business".

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

That makes sense and I'll have to remember that quote

5. sunnii

I think it's pretty common to be more open and comfortable with liking things once you come out. Like you no longer worry that if you like it people might suspect youre gay. I had only came out to my mum a couple of years ago and i was already noticing the difference in the way i acted. When I saw this video I totally got what Davey Wavey is on about

[YOUTUBE]iud-HC_N8tw[/YOUTUBE]

6. Salazar

Really, who cares what other people think? Why should it worry you whether or not they think you're a girly-man? As long as you're comfortable with yourself, that's all that matters. I used to cringe at the thought of gay pride, but after realising I could no longer deny being gay, I've become much more open to it, and even quite happy.

7. jvn95

He's funny!

8. TKM

TKM

Same here with the flannels!:lol:And beanies:thumbsup:

9. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I don't like Gay Pride

Just never really interested me