1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT People, NOT for gay marriage?!?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Menaki-Neko, Jan 2, 2013.

?

Are you for gay marriage?

1. Yes

77 vote(s)
    88.5%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Don't Mind/Care

9 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Hey ya'll, I heard this really interesting idea that honestly, has never even crossed my mind. So, lgbt NOT for gay marriage? What do you think? Are you for it? Why or why not?

2. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have personally never heard of an LGBT individual who was against gay marriage, I don't even see how that's possible. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Personally I'm for it.

3. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well i'm against marriage in general tbh. but, as marriage isn't going away any time soon, i'm for gay marriage

4. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I'm for it. I haven't seen any arguments against it from other LBGT people other than those against marriage in general. I have seen many arguments against making it the focus of the gay rights movement as it currently is, and I'm fairly sympathetic to those arguments.

5. timo

Even though I don't expect many people here to be against gay marriage, this might get interesting later.

I'm all for gay marriage. I can think of no reason why it shouldn't be allowed. Luckily it's been allowed here for 12 years already.

6. leer

am all for it . If you love someone enough then why not

7. Fiddledeedee

There are gay people who are against gay marriage beacause they are against marriage altogether, be it gay or straight. However, these people also are usually for marriage equality, be that having both gay and straight marriage or neither.

8. Kay

Kay Guest

I am all for it though I do not support the government being involved in any marriage. I support the love and the rights one receives when they are wed. My feeling is that all marriage should be civil. If a couple wants their union blessed by a church that's up to them and their church. But same sex marriage should be legal.

9. MrAwkward

MrAwkward Guest

I would like to get married one day, so yes I support gay marriage. :slight_smile:

10. Greendalehumans

There are people who disagree with homosexuality, but support gay marriage. My mom and older sister included. So I guess it going the other way around isn't too impossible.

I'm for gay marriage :slight_smile:

11. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I remember a while ago there was a poster here who was against it because they thought marriage itself was a corrupting institution, and that if we buy into it, we'll lose... something or other.

Actually, I might be thinking of someone who felt that way about the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell and the military, not same-sex unions and marriage. So maybe I haven't actually seen a gay person who was against same-sex marriage.

But just because an issue affects someone personally doesn't mean they're going to take an affirmative stance on it; just look at all the female pro-lifers, or all the lower-class people who support conservative economic policies. So I have no doubt that somewhere out there, there are gay people who are against gay marriage. If they're in America, they'll probably be found in the Log Cabin Republicans.

12. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I actually know a gay guy who is against gay marriage. He plans to be a priest when he grows up. He is hot as heck, but too religious for me.

13. iBlakexo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is completely the opposite for my parents. They support homosexuality and agree that it is not a choice and that people shouldnt be afraid to be themselves. But they vote against gay marriage. :confused:

14. madi

I think if when someone is LGBT and not for gay-marriage they usually are either against marriage in general or are fed up with it being the focus of the gay rights movement since in many places homosexuality is punishable by death. There has been the same issue with feminism. It's a whole global north(first world countries) vs. global south(third world countries) issue. The issues are different in different places and therefore the priorities are different.

15. Salazar

I can't remember his name, but there is a gay MP, a Tory I believe, who is against gay marriage. The moron.

16. IanGallagher

Although I largely lean more towards girls, there was one guy in my life that I'd happily marry.

17. BudderMC

Pretty much this.

18. Eric

As long as government is involved in marriage, I'll support same sex marriage. I'm still not sure that I'll actually get married though. It's not really something I want for personally.

19. Shiny Espeon

I know that with Religion, nothing can be forced. And that's okay. But the Government should not be able to deny a Gay or Lesbian couple the right to be married.

20. Naomilly92

Honestly, at the age I'm at, I'm not even considering marriage, I don't know if I ever want to get married to be honest