1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orientation? Romantication?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DoriaN, Jan 2, 2013.

1. DoriaN

K so I've been noticing that people have been using the terms homo/hetero~romantic and other funky terms.

Now I'm starting to come to the realization that as a female... I hate other females when it comes to bedroom issues...
    Not that I've experimented much, but with my first girlfriend I already see problems.

I love women, aesthetically, mentally, emotionally, but something makes it feel awkward since I prefer the be the female role 90-100% of the time.

Now I also get along with guys really well. I have trouble associating with them mentally, but I enjoy their company and love being hit on or flirted with.
    However the male body... hair... stuffs like that I don't care for, so I'm kinda at a loss.

Am I bi? (Starting to think that is what I am until I narrow it down more), hetero/homo~romantic? Crazy? Bored? Hungry for mexican food?

Also I'd love others to share their stories or chime in with similar issues or realizations :3

2. Greendalehumans

Maybe you just want a girl who's more dominant? I don't know, I don't really have any expirence with this, so disregard me :slight_smile:

3. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

It could be related to gender like you mentioned. Do you think you could be happy sexually if a woman took a dominant role? Otherwise I remember seeing a post by trans* blogger Natalie Reed where she said she used to identify as exclusively straight because being attracted to other women would potentially make it more difficult to be accepted as a woman. Once she had a chance to really live life as a woman, she was able to more easily accept her attraction to women.

As for your description of how you feel about men, it doesn't sound like attraction to me. Everyone experiences attraction differently, of course, but it sounds more like platonic interest. Having someone flirt with you can be considered flattering regardless of what your orientation and their gender are.

There's also asexuality, and it's from the asexual community that the concept of having a romantic orientation that is different from your sexual orientation originally arose (I think).

While my sexual orientation appears to a complicated combination of pansexuality and gray-asexuality, I am mostly, or maybe even entirely, homoromantic. I've never been interested in men as romantic partners, and I doubt that will change.

4. IrisM

I think it's simply that you want a more dominant partner, and also that you want her to make you feel loved and needed. There is nothing wrong with that and I feel exactly the same way.

As far as the men go, you seem to be borderline romantic/friendzone with them. That's my guess anyways.

5. Hexagon

biromantic homosexual? Possibly. Only you can tell for sure. But there is no reason you can't take the female role in a lesbian relationship.

6. Fate

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,
    So I'm still new to the whole LGBT community, so I don't have much experience but if you ask me it sounds like lesbian looking for a more dominant partner, and as previously stated, its 100% fine to take the more feminine role in a relationship :slight_smile:

As far as the "bedroom issues" I can't really put much input there because I have had no interest in sexual interaction... Maybe because i'm asexual, maybe because i'm just young...

Best advice I can give, just keep exploring and experimenting till you find your way :grin:

PS: you could be hungry for mexican food, but if that doesn't hit the spot, you can never go wrong with a sandwich >.<

7. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

If you don't feel sexual attraction towards either gender, then you may be asexual or have a very low sex drive.

8. Strange

Ha! I used to have a really low sex drive (when I was busy trying to be straight), but since I fully accepted my homosexuality it shot through the roof :icon_bigg:tears:

Tbh I get along with girls really amazing well, and have trouble relating with some guys but I figure they are either too emotionally immature, or they are (straight) Beta's trying to be Alpha's (they try to be 'the big man'). Guess that's one reason why I had trouble figuring out my sexuality. I do enjoy flirting with guys, and never do it with women (because that would be weird). Whether this is helpful or relevant I have no idea.

Though I do sometimes wonder what exactly people mean by romantic attraction...

#8 Strange, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  9. DoriaN

Atm I'm def'n digging the lesbian who wants a dominant female vibe, though the problem is my current gf isn't like that.
    I know we'll break up eventually since she isn't for me but its kind of a bummer =[

Still unsure regarding men =[

10. IrisM

Rather than let your relationship drift apart, you could simply tell her how you feel.

Avoid using the roles description, instead simply tell her that you love her and it would make you feel more needed if she took charge some and was a bit more posessive in your relationship. Make sure that you include some of the things you like about her to make her feel happy and safe too, as she probably won't like the idea of you trying to change her and will be more accepting of a simple nudge. I wish you the best in life and love, fare well. =)

11. DoriaN

Awesome advice thank you :3