1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

22 days until I leave for Osaka, Japan!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Luke Matt, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Luke Matt

Wooooooooooooooot! I'm so excited :slight_smile:

I should probably brush up on my 日本語 skills; I haven't practiced in like 3 weeks D:

Anyone else been to Japan before/currently live there? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Deaf Not Blind

nope, but really cool! what will you do?
    in March i go to Costa Rica, and I need to brush up on Spanish.

3. MrAwkward

MrAwkward Guest

Lucky you!! I went about 5 years ago on a school trip, it was great! At least compared to where I live, IT'S SO CLEAN!! I can guarantee you'll love it there. :slight_smile:

4. Renge

whoaa, I envy youu. I always love Japan and want to go there.. Hows ur language? xD

5. curlycats

i lived/worked in Japan for 3 years before moving to Australia. :slight_smile: i lived in a city that's not too far from Osaka and visited Osaka a lot. it's a city with a lot of character and a million things to do and i don't care what anyone says, it's a million times better than Tokyo. :rolle:

why are you going to Osaka and how long will you be there? is it the only place you're visiting? if you get the chance to go elsewhere, i recommend visiting Kobe and Kyoto, both of which are just a train ride away. Kyoto is great for its history and shrines, while Kobe has a great mix of foreign and Japanese culture. check out the Ijinkan (historical foreign houses) and china town (nankinmachi). :slight_smile:

6. animequeen567

Nope never been there. You're so lucky! I've always wanted to go to Japan!

7. 6ix

6ix

Japan is the tits. Have fun!

8. Luke Matt

I'm actually just flying into Osaka (I probably should've clarified that). I dare say I'll stay for a while just to see some of the sites (e.g. the Dotonbori), but I plan on visiting many other places :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (Nara (On the 26th there's the Yamayaki festival), Kyoto, Hiroshima, Koya-san, Hikone, Miyajima, Takayama, Shirakawa-go, Matsumoto, Tokyo, Mt Fuji Area, Nikko & maybe Sapporo for the snow festival :slight_smile:). So you recommend Kobe? I haven't actually read up on anything about Kobe, maybe I should..

9. MidnightOwl

All though it's not Japan 8 more days until I go to Colorado Springs. But Japan sounds awesomer.

10. Luke Matt

It's getting there! haha. I studied Japanese last year and I'm continuing my studies this year at university (as an elective). I could probably hold a broken conversation with someone & I can read hiragana/katakana + like 150 kanji. Practice makes perfect :slight_smile:

11. Britter

Britter Guest

Awesome! I have Japanese and Korean cousins :slight_smile: Their culture is so rich, you'll actually love the food.

12. Luke Matt

You have Japanese cousins!? That's so cool D:

13. prism

I have never been, but I have family in Sakaiminato and Osaka. The rural areas are beautiful, but my brother was pretty much done with the countryside after a few days. On the other hand, you'll find a million crazy things to do in the busier prefectures.

You're gonna have a blast! Jealousss!

14. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so jeally! I want to go there so bad!

15. I'm jealous! I've always wanted to go to Japan! (hence my avatar, profile picture, interests, biography, and love for japanese food.)

あなたはとてもラッキーです!