1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plaid Shirts?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ifonly521, Jan 5, 2013.

1. ifonly521

Hi,

Where the hell do you find plaid shirts that actually fit women? I mean, men's clothing is way better than women's but I don't want my clothes to be extremely baggy, like I'm wearing my brother's clothes. Where do I go???

2. Kay

Kay Guest

If you hunt around most department stores you will find them. You only have to determine your size in guys clothes. It might be more difficult to find shoes.

3. I get mine from JCPenney. They are really good, I hope they have what you're looking for!

4. Delta

Plaaaaaaaaaaaaid!!!!!!!:thewave::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

I love plaid!!! I just go to thrift stores often, and try on all the flannel they have, and take home what looks good. It's worked well for me, because now I have 8 different plaid flannel shirts that all fit me relatively well and are in lots of colors! I love flannel so darn much. ^u^ Flannel! Plaid! Plaid Flannel!! Yaaaaaaay!

5. MidnightOwl

Well I was considering going into the little boys section and instead of the junior man or larger man section, and buying a large of a little boys shirt. Since I considered that might be the most accurate fit.

6. Delta

Damn, MO, you tiny. If little boys clothes fit, I don't have any idea how you shop for anything.

7. IrisM

Thrift stores really are the best place. Additionally you can make or alter something to fit if you are skilled at that.

8. MidnightOwl

I'm wearing an extra large in little boys. :confused:

edit- that doesn't really make me tiny, just men and woman clothes are alittle different I admit. I don't have the broad shoulders. I'm narrow in the shoulders and the collarbone area.

9. Ianthe

ifonly, I'm not sure if you are looking for plaid flannel that is cut for women, or for men's flannel in small sizes. They are not the same. Where I live, women can wear either kind of flannel, an only people visiting from out-of-state will even think they are gay. In Oregon, flannel is for everyone. Back before I was out, I used to have men's flannel shirts that I would wear as light jackets, and no one thought it made me look less feminine. I find the "flannel=lesbian" thing extremely bizarre. When I was in high school, it was the grunge era, and every girl I knew had a man's flannel shirt, usually stolen out of her father's closet.

If you lived here, I would say you could probably find something in either the boys or the women's section of Fred Meyer. The women's flannes at FM are cut for women, but are not all in excessively girly colors. But depending on your body shape and the effect you are looking for, you might prefer something from the boys section.

10. madi

stores in the mall usually have flannels cut for women like American Eagle, Forever 21, Hollister, all of those places, but they are usually in really girly colors and very form fitting. If that's what your looking for then great, but if not Goodwill or thrift stores almost always have them in the boy's or junior men's section.

11. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I tend to get a lot of my plaid shirts from either Bootlegger or Walmart. I find that they have a good selection in the men's depertment and they fit me well.

12. Live Love Smile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Garage used to have them, or you could order them online. JCPenny had some last time I went to the States, and maybe Debs too, but I'm not sure.