1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm choked! For real!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Alexander69

Ok so I decided to change my Instagram up I decided to use it for supporting gays right?! I have thousands and thousands of followers on Instagram and after I got done posting tomes of gay support pictures I wake up to see hate comments every where. I had a ton of support though but it's like really?

2. MerBear

yeah , bunch of bigots. fuck em. they don't like it , they can go cry to the pastor for all i care

3. BudderMC

Some people don't like gay people. Some people don't like gay rights.

The ideal that the value of friendships/relationships overrules personal opinions only really work for people you're close to (and feel the same way). I highly doubt that all of those thousands of followers you have know you enough to care about what you really think.

That said, it still sucks to see hate comments, but isn't unexpected.

4. Alexander69

I got comments like "you're disgusting" "mind not posting this shit" "you're a joke" "go f**k your self faggots" "forreal" "f**k you" I was just so hurt by all that said! It's like really! Don get me wrong I have probably at least 1000 gay and lesbian followers following me so I got hundreds of likes but I was just so upset that I was following THEse people and they were following me and now they turn on me? And to make such rude comments and hurtful ones?

5. Gen

Gen

Dont waste your time arguing with them, or posting comments that show that you are angry.

Just inform them that if they dont like the pictures you post, then they are welcome to make a simple 'click' and unfollow you. ; )

6. MerBear

i'm sorry that happened , that's why im afraid to tell anyone at my school...about my sexual orientation but i do stand up for gay rights and i could give one fuck less what they think...everyone deserves to be themselves and love who they want regardless of what their sexual orientation is....and if anyone argues with me , i argue back...maybe i shouldn't but i have the right to express my full opinion and so do you

note that im not asking to argue back , im saying you have that right to post as you please and if they disagree. unfollow them. they wouldn't be worth my time

#6 MerBear, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  7. Alexander69

No you are right :slight_smile:

8. MerBear

okay , good. i usually think im never right considering i suck at advice but i do what i can :slight_smile:

9. Salazar

Its because of the gay agenda: to destroy the world and make children gay.

10. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the internet.

11. Given To Fly

Best thing to do with that sort is to ignore them. They aren't worth your attention. (*hug*)

12. Aielar

I have a simple phrase I use when people on social media don't like what I post...

Don't like? Don't look.

Then I leave it at that - it's my facebook/twitter/instagram so I'm not going to let negative opinions stop me from posting what I wish. I'd suggest you do the same :slight_smile:

13. Alexander69

THANk you for that :slight_smile:

14. IrisM

Yes, that's how I handle it on my Twitter. I just block/report any hate speak I get. The friends I've made there are worth it. I spend a lot of time talking about my life and feelings on there and it's quite nice to have an outlet where I can be totally open and say whatever I feel whenever I feel it. =)

15. sugarcubeigloo

Some people just aren't nice. Especially on the Internet. Does it excuse them? No. However, don't let them get you down. They're not worthy of your attention. You're clearly a better person than these people spreading that hate. :slight_smile: That's all that matters.

16. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get hate comments and PM's on my facebook account. People are not nice on the internet. Since they are not face to face with you it makes them say things that normally they would not say.

17. amoore658

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    With homophobes, there are two reasons they are like that:
    1. They are gay themselves and they feel that by gay-bashing, it somehow makes them look more masculine, or "proves" they're straight. If you "polled" a group of gay men, before they "came out", you'll find quite a few of them were actually homophobic themselves to detract attention from their sexuality.

2. Religion - this one needs no further explanation.

In my opinion, point number 1 is the most common reason for it. Put it this way: some people hate McDonald's - but they don't go out of their way trying to "bash" them i.e. leaving negative comments on their Facebook page. So why do it with gay men? For those of us who are aware of point 1 as a cause for homophobia, the homophobic "straight" men don't realise, they're actually DRAWING attention to their own sexuality.

18. Rexmond

Those people just don't understand what its like to be gay, they see themselves as "higher up" because they're "normal" and don't have any "impurities". Screw them. They have no idea what they're talking about. How could they if they're not glbt? Sad that the world inhabits people like them, but it's their children I feel sorry for.

19. RainbowBright

People you met on Instagram are not friends. They are strangers. We need to remember when we meet people on the internet that we do not know who they are, we only know the part of themselves they choose to show. That is not the same as knowing someone in person, especially when you never share more than a handful of words in a Tweet or a photo with a caption. Humans were not meant to interact over a screen, so we get feelings about things that are just as intense, even though the interaction itself is not as intense as normal face time. Better to take a step back and remember, you can't trust these people, you can only trust yourself. Post what you want to, and let them go find a hate site they can follow. Block.

20. FunnyMonkey

I'm sorry that happened to you , but most of them are just cowards hiding behind a keyboard. When some tell me to go :***: myself I take it as a compliment they are telling me that I look so good I just :***: myself. Remember that there's nothing wrong with you and put a a smile on your face they are Not worth your time just block and delete them. (*hug*)(*hug*)