1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you deal with anxiety?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gggualigeee, Jan 6, 2013.

1. gggualigeee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sometimes nobody else but you can solve the problems you will encounter.
    However, you are not 100% sure how to handle the problems. Then you start to become anxious.

Everbody must have dealt this situation.
    I wonder how you deal with it.
    :smilewave

2. MerBear

me? i can't deal with it , i try to act perfectly normal then end up giving a smile and look like im afraid ....its rather pathetic.

another prime example im not good at first impressions. anxiety.

3. Live Love Smile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I try to do deep breathing, and just think when I mess up, "They don't think it's as big of a deal as you do."

Sometimes I take St. John's Wort to curb/prevent nervous headaches, fatigue, etc. Studies have found it to be helpful in mild-moderate depression, and they're not sure about its effectiveness in anxiety. Though it's worth a shot if you find your anxiety is affecting your daily life.

4. Mariall

Almost absolutely nothing. Listen to music, andddd yeah I'm not a very talky person so it's all just internal. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. sunnii

yoga, alcohol or chewing gum. some methods are more effective than others

6. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    very badly, tbh.

7. Brenny

I find that if I exercise (as much as I HATE doing it) it makes a huge difference to my mood. At the very least, the rest of the day, I just feel calm. Probably because I've exhausted myself! But then it's like I can't think much so negative thoughts and anxiety are not nearly as bad.

I deal with a lot of mild-moderate depression, and just exercising and getting proper sleep makes huge improvements. I also just feel better about myself and have a more positive self-image when I exercise regularly. Don't underestimate the power it has.

8. SunSparks

it sorta varies but I can be rather good about it or just terrible.... lets start with the terrible...

sometimes, I just sit and think and sit and think and bang my head and roll around on the ground, and panic, make a mess, and do the best I can to solve it and then, after its all said and done, I find myself exhausted yet happy its over with.

other times, I just get to work. Work, work, work. Oh and whats even more effective, Cleaning! I clean my room and release my stress and I really feel that I am prepared to take on any task after that. So... while most ppl clean their room after the big final or something... I clean before, mess it all up the hour before I leave, and clean up again when I get back! So soothing xD

9. leer

best cure that works for me hot bath aromatherapy oils and Philip Glass cd worked for me

10. Rexmond

I come here and get distracted. So many crazy people! <3

Of course, when I don't have access to the Internet, I usually am faced with anxiety and depression. I just chat with friends, or text them. Go and play with my dogs or my rabbit. There's loads, and as long as there's another person or animal it distracts me well.

11. crash1340

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't, really. I stumble my way through a situation and let all my issues and fears pile up, and let them all out eventually by crying myself to sleep. Doctors, my mother, and myself all think I have Autism (more specifically, Asperger's) so that's a possible explanation for my behaviors.

12. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Chocolate. LOTS of it..
    Then I usually cry about my life

13. IanGallagher

I tell myself that it isn't real and most just a byproduct of my mind, which given that I'm adopted / an orphan with issues from that - usually it is just from my mind. So if I know it's just in my mind. My mind can't hurt me. I get past it and take the next leap forward as long as there's sound logic behind it.

Basically whatever is causing you anxiety, ask - is it just part of your mind? Most likely it is, the scenario you think will happen won't. And you can move on.

14. Breana90

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually either play music, go for an adventure or do some sort of meditation to focus myself and concentrate on the fact that anxiety is often a product of my mind and therefore only has the power over me that I give it. Being active is a great way to get your mind off anxious thoughts. Even just going for a walk and reflecting is enough to raise your seratonin and improve your state of mind, as new-agey as that sounds.