1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Views on Pansexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by idleteen, Jan 6, 2013.

1. idleteen

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sure there are hundreds of posts on this topic, but I was wondering what the majority of you all thought on pansexuality. I know there is a lot of negativity towards people who identify as bisexual in the LGBT community as well as the straight community. Does the same thing apply towards pansexuals or... ?

2. Given To Fly

I've got nothing against it. I beleive that everyone has the right to live their life as they see fit, so long as it doesn't negatively affect anyone else.

3. I don't really see how anyone on EC would show negativity to pansexuality. Okay, so they love boys, girls, transgendered men and women, genderqueer, exedra... Nothing wrong with loving someone, and nor is it any different than any relationship. Hate for pansexuals in the LGBT community... that is a foreign term to me, considering we are all 'LGBT', hence the term.

4. FollowtheFreeman

I love it. I think it's the most super duper awesome sexual orientation ever!

Although, I may be a wee bit bias.

5. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nothing wrong with it. It's a ligit orientation.

6. AaronG

AaronG Guest

Pansexuality is cool with me. pansexuals just have more choices than everyone else.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's all just a preference of nomenclature to me. Some say pansexuality is more inclusive than bi because it accounts for non-binary genders, but others insist that trans or any other manner of "in-betweeners" are just some selection of a male and female divide, making bisexuality just as inclusive.

So in my opinion, they're mostly the same thing. Bisexuality seems to be more commonly understood, however, and sounds less like "anything I can stick it in" to snap-judgment types.

8. Rexmond

Love is love, and to be able to love, well pretty much, anyone is great!

9. jaysuss

I don't fully understand pansexuality but even at that point I don't have anything against them. They are just like anyone else.

10. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is nothing wrong with it because it is a great gift, you can love anyone, how many people can say that?

11. IrisM

You have every right to love whoever you please. Know that I and all here firmly support you in this. =)

12. Ianthe

I don't think biphobic people have more welcoming attitudes towards pansexuals (except for biphobic people who ARE pansexual).

I don't have negative opinions of either group, myself.

13. animequeen567

I think that it's a great and beautiful thing! :grin: I may be being bias though, but I love my sexuality :grin:

14. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have any negative opinions of pansexauls. Although, I have to admit, when I first heard the word, I thought that it was somebody that loves pans...:eusa_doh:

15. idleteen

Out Status:
    A few people
    I live in a pretty small community and I feel like "pansexual" suits me best. I recently graduated high school, and a friend I had from a neighboring school that was more of an LGBT-friendly school was very "biphobic" and didn't believe people could be bi. I also know a lot of older people who are against homosexuality and think it's either one or the other. I just wanted opinions from people outside of the locals in my area, haha.

16. Eatthechildren

I don't really think it's a necessary label.
    <WARNING: LONG>
    Lots of people say that "Bisexual" is Transphobic or Cissexist. Their reasoning for this is usually that in their opinion, the prefix "Bi" implies that there are two genders. This is problematic as it erases people outside of the gender binary who identify as Bisexual, and it ignores the fact that that's not how many people define Bisexuality.

"Gay" and "straight", have been re-defined as "Attraction to broadly similar genders" and "Broadly different genders" to avoid accusations of Cissexism (At least by people who care about Trans* issues). This is good. This is progressive and inclusive. But if these identities get to become more inclusive, why shouldn't Bisexual?

I don't know about other people, but for me, Bisexual means:
    "Attraction to broadly similar genders and broadly different genders"
    OR (This one I prefer)
    "Attraction to my own gender, and other genders"

I should stress that I do not have a problem with people who identify as Pansexual. People who describe themselves as Pansexual are usually more interested in Trans* rights (Bar the dumb people who think it's just something new and trendy but lets forget about them since Bisexuals have that problem too and omfg let's burn them all) which is always nice. And I don't want to police identities, if you are more comfortable with the label Pansexual, good for you! :slight_smile:. However, I'm fucking sick of hearing Bisexuality being defined as "An attraction to men and women" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    <DONE>

TL;DR, BI'S PEEPS ARE COOL, PAN'S PEEPS ARE COOL, AND WE'RE ALL KIND OF AWESOME AND SHOULD STOP BICKERING OVER ETYMOLOGY, AND FOCUS ON THE FACT THAT MONOSEXISM IS FUCKING EVERYWHERE.

EVEN MOAR TL;DER
    EVERYONE GETS TO DEFINE THEMSELVES AND HAVE ORGIES AND SHIZZ

17. Kay

Kay Guest

Attraction is attraction. Love is love. What difference does it make? Pansexuals are fine.

18. MidnightOwl

For me I choose Pansexuality because I view myself as Unisex. That's not the same thing as being Bisexual.

19. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    WAIT! let me look that up..........Nope, don't care. If there is anything that math has taught me it is that Love = Love.

20. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be able to love a person for their soul and not just what's on the outside... THAT is truly inspiring to me! God bless Pansexuality! :love: (!)