1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yearning for someone who has not yet responded to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Niqk, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am pretty much in love with another gay man, but he seems to be avoiding the issue entirely. This person knows I am gay and knows that my intentions probably involve hanging out with him sometime, I messaged him already if he wants to hang out. I mean we are friends but I don't know. He's single and I want to be with him before someone else does. He's already told me he's given up on finding up on that special someone. I think I have found mine, but he doesn't seem to realize it. If he could tell me a straight out no, I could move on, even though it would deeply hurt me. But if he isn't interested he's still causing me a lot of heart ache prolonging the moment.

I don't know why I posted here :/ I guess I just needed it to get it off my chest, not seeking support or anything.

2. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know how to Edit, but he just replied!

He said Yes! We'll be going sometime next month (we both have exams in the next few weeks)! My first real date! XD

3. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's good, you never know until you try it.

4. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    aw that's great :grin:

5. sunnii

yay it's always nice to hear stories like this :slight_smile:

6. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yaaaaaaay!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! (*hug*)

7. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you kindly :slight_smile: For the first time, after several very hard months, I am actually really happy for once and a lot more interested in things than before. I'll have to come out to my parents if it goes well, I know for a fact that he'll want his friends to know if things do get serious so I'd have to tell my parents and make things easier for both of us.

Ah well, back to studying :slight_smile: ! Can't believe I actually used a smiley face with studying in the same sentence :eusa_doh:

8. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is so cute I want to hang a banner of awesome in your household. That will out you for sure! LoL :icon_wink

9. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great, not to be a party pooper, but I'd just like to advise you not to get ahead of things; unless the word "date" was used, or you guys talked about it in a way that is analgous to "date" (i.e "We should go out, catch a movie"), don't assume that he thinks of it as such. If the way you phrased it was "Wanna hang out sometime?", that could just as easily be interpreted as just two friends hanging out, and in fact, that's what most straight guys say when they want to chill, play video games/etc.

I'm not suggesting that you stop being excited or that he's not interested in you, I'm just warning you not to get ahead of things before you've ascertained what his feelings are (don't assume that he's attracted to you and do something that could freak him out). You should still be excited, just make sure you don't suddenly assume you're "together" or something. Wait until this thing actually happens before taking stock of your relationship.

If this does turn out to be a "just friends" thing, don't despair; that's not bad. That doesn't mean things can't heat up :grin:. It just means you've got to work your way up from the start, like any relationship. Subtly flirt, do your best to present yourself as someone more than a friend (don't let things stagnate into friend zoning).

10. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh he knows what I mean :wink: But I want us to meet as friends first :slight_smile: I haven't seen him in a long time and I want to get to know him a little better, same way that he would want to get to know a little more about me.

I would love for things to heat up :grin: he's actually very good-looking, so that's quite a bonus. Sometimes I can't help but have some rather dirty thoughts about him. He's such a sweet person too, always trying to make people feel better about themselves. He's actually the stereotype gay, very feminine and he'd be seen as a twink. I'd actually fall under the 'bear' subheading, but hopefully the hours I'm spending at the gym will pay off at making me look more interesting anyway :kiss:

I'll just take it from there, but yes he knows that I have special feelings for him. He keeps cautioning me all the time when I get too flirtatious, saying that people are bound to notice my secret if I'm not careful since I really like and care for him and it shows, but I don't mind other people knowing. It's just my parents, mostly my father which keeps me from revealing who I am.

11. gggualigeee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    one word: envy!

12. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Nice i hope it all works out for you :slight_smile:

13. If it makes you feel any better I am in the same situation as you except that he is straight. But congrats!! I hope everything works out with you and your very lucky man. :thumbsup:

14. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

How nice for you. We should all be so lucky.

15. leer

I an happy for you mate really I am :slight_smile: hope you take your time in all this and not expect everything to happen all at once but I guess you know that do hope the date goes well.